See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 11, 2010

The hotel room was dirty, smelly, and low budget. There was dog poop everywhere outside of the hotel. There is only high speed internet in a small portion of the hotel. I was quoted a price when I made the reservation, and when I checked out I noticed that they had overcharged me. I told them what I was quoted and they told me there was nothing they could do. There was no manager available to speak to and the front desk worker was extremely demeaning and rude towards me. I had to call corporate headquarters in order to get the correct rate. It may be a cheap hotel, but you get what you pay for. They are NOT military friendly. Spend a little extra money and stay somewhere else. Trust me, it will be worth it.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 23, 2010

The ownership treated us like family. The owners & staff were very supportive while we were waiting for our son to return home from Iraq. The Inn is the closet one is to Fort Hood which is convenient for the Army familyt.They were very accomodating, allowing us to use their lobby computer for updates....even after we checked out....The quality in this Quality Inn is in the qualities of the owners & staff.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 12, 2009

I stayed in this motel with my family when I went to visit my son, who is in the army. It was conveniently located near the army base, and was both affordable and had good spacious rooms. The pool was also a plus. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed September 11, 2009

I enjoyed my stay at the Quality Inn in Killeen. Usually when I stay at a hotel the rooms are average size and minimal in terms of space but, average does not seem to describe this hotel. The room was large enough for 6 people. The breakfast was provided in plenty. The service and staff were exceptionally friendly. All in all, it felt as if I was staying at Holiday Inn with a Motel 6 price.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed April 5, 2009

We just PCSed here to Fort Hood. I made my reservation at the Quality Inn over the Internet ... and ironically enough, I partially based my decision on these very reviews.

It is now obvious to me that at least a few of the "reviews" on google must be fake, or at the very least very much slanted to accentuate the positive.

Here's my take ...

First the good: The staff was very friendly, the room has plenty of space, and the breakfast, while not as good as some other hotels I've stayed in, was not bad.

As for the rest ...

The location IS within a short distance of shopping and food, BUT more than one person who lives here, told us that it might not be safe to walk the couple of hundred yards to the 7-11 after dark. (enough said)

While the beds and furniture in the room were "adequate", describing this hotel as Quality actually strikes me as a little ironic. Just the whole feel of the room would probably be better described as "cheap".

The kids were disappointed because the Quality Inn pool is "closed for the season", yet we saw people swimming in the pools at other hotels just up the street.

The best part was, when we rented a movie and planned to hook up my son's xbox so we could watch it, only to discover that the TV in the room had no AV jack ... so, no movie.

Overall, if you're looking for an inexpensive place to stay, this hotel is probably not an awful choice.

But if you have options, and especially if you're getting travel pay from the military, there many nicer hotels here in the Killeen area.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business