“Best BBQ in Killeen”

Cuisines: Barbecue
West Warwick, Rhode Island
“Best BBQ in Killeen”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

3 minutes literally from the hotel; they need to work on their cornbread, but mannnnnnnnnnnnn, they know what they're doing with the bbq!!!!

Visited September 2012

Tampa, Florida
“Pretty good for the Killeen area”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

For this area, the barb-que is pretty good. Brisket was tender but not finished well on the outside. Sides are typical. Location is strip mall decor. People are very nice. It wouldn't last in Austin but for this area it's better than most.

Visited August 2012
Harker Heights, Texas, United States
“Best BBQ ever”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Best BBQ I have had in years. I frequent this place often.

Visited May 2012
Texas
“Great little hole-in-the-wall BBQ joint!”
Reviewed February 8, 2012

I tried Petty's because I got a Groupon. It is the best BBQ I have found in the area. It's a tiny little restaurant, but the food is delicious! The green beans are some of the best I have ever had. I am telling everyone I know about Petty's.

Dover, New Hampshire
“Great BBQ”
Reviewed September 13, 2011

You know you're in the right place when you smell the smokers next to the building. This is classic Barbeque done right, order at the counter and they'll call you when it's ready. I had beef brisket and sausage, my friends both had ribs. We all rated this place as very good (and the other two guys are from Huntsville AL, where BBQ is taken very seriously.) They were out of pulled pork, I'll be back to try that next trip.

Now Killeen is not the garden spot of Texas, but this place was at least worth a detour, if not the trip.

• Visited August 2011