“What do you want me to write?”
Review of Red Onion Indian Bistro - CLOSED

Red Onion Indian Bistro
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Red Onion Indian Bistro has become the popular choice for those looking to explore different flavors and spice! We specialize in all authentic Indian cuisines using the finest of ingredients. We have a variety of Indian dishes to select from with recommendations from our staff for all sorts of pallet types. Here at Red Onion, we thrive to offer a more sophisticated dining experience for those who are seeking to go beyond the ordinary and discover the full potential of Indian fine dining paired with the right drink!
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Fast service, soft music. Food was excellent / We go there every month. At least you can have a pleasant conversation and not that loud music

1  Thank hanne1940123

Reviewed November 29, 2012

Excellent Indian food, worth the drive to Killeen. Great service, very friendly, and delicious Indian foods. The best thing is they have a sampler menu that you can order to try a few different things, which is PERFECT for first timers!

Reviewed November 13, 2012

This is a great little Indian place that you would not expect to find in Killeen. The service is always prompt & friendly and the food is consistently great. I've brought people here who were very iffy on trying Indian food as they have never tried it & they all come away impressed and happy. I love spicy food, and you can get it very spicy, but for those who don't care for it & have been putting off trying Indian because of that there are many great non spicy items. The buffet is great. My favorite dish is the Lamb Curry & I would highly recommend it. This is my favorite place to eat in Killeen.

1  Thank Texan82
Reviewed October 30, 2012

The menu features all the items you would expect to find. Our meal came with complimentary pappadams and 2 chutneys.

We had the appetizer platter, the tandoori chicken tikki, the lamb kadhai, rice, a basket of naan, and mango lassi. Everything was fresh and delicious and the staff was so gracious. I like spicy food, but I'm always cautious on a first visit to a restaurant, so I requested the lamb kadhai "medium" level spiciness. I should have asked for it spicy.

The appetizer platter was great, with 2 big vegetable pakoras, fried paneer, and thinly sliced fried eggplant (maybe something else, sorry I don't recall). The serving sizes are generous. With the appetizer platter, the pappadams and the naan, I could eat only a bit of my entree and brought it back to my room for lunch the next day. The restaurant appears wonderfully clean.

Reviewed August 25, 2012

This is by far the best resturant in the area. Not only is the staff very friendly and helpful, but the food is awesome.

Great "Date Night" meal is the dinner for two.

I haven't tried everything on the menu yet, but give me time.