“Go see Tim the bartender”

Shilo Restaurant Killeen
Reserve with OpenTable
Shilo Restaurant Killeen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 253 Restaurants in Killeen
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Shilo Restaurant, Full Bar and Killeen's only Cigar Bar serving a variety of Texas favorites along with a wide-ranging selection of classic American dishes your whole family will enjoy. Kids Menu and Catering available.
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Got in late and I was really looking forward to see what Killeen had in store for me and the wife. Since it was already late, we decided to go get a drink at the hotel bar. We were greeted by Tim the bartender and he gave us probably the best service we've ever experienced in a hotel setting! Which was really refreshing since my wife read the reviews and already had set our expectations low so thanks to Tim for exceeding our expectations and showing us a lovely time.

1  Thank Jeffclements

Reviewed August 30, 2013

The staff was very friendly and well mannered. The wine list was extensive! Their food was absolutely delectable! It was hot, fresh, and well-plated. Oh, and the atmosphere was beautiful.

Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Went to the Mark while staying at the attached Shiloh Inn. Arrived at about 8:30 (restaurant portion closes at 9:30). Hostess came out to greet us, seemed to be on a different planet. Finally conveyed the idea there were two of us for dinner. She asked if we wanted a table or booth, responded our table choice, and she promptly took us directly to a booth. When we picked our table she offered menus and I asked for the wine list, she said all the wines were listed on the menu, which is not the case. They have a more extensive wine list. Good news, that was the last we saw of her. There was only one other table occupied in the entire restaurant, which told me about all I needed to know. The bartender, Tim, brought our wine and he was the only bright star to be seen in this establishment. Fearing the worst, we went as simple as possible and ordered the catfish & chips (fries), which was passable if you ignored the slaw, which left much to br desired. By this time another couple has ventured in and sat at a nearby table, she returned her soup as inedible, and they were informed that the kichen was out of pizza dough (one of their featured items on the menu). So hats off to Tim for being the sole shinning star in this place.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

It was very hot. We were the only two customers and the workers kept yelling from the kitchen to the dinning room. I ordered a caesar catfish salad, but didn't like it. My husband ordered the prime rib and said it was ok. We had wine, but it was super warm. I was so hot, I couldn't wait to leave. Now we have to find some dinner. Did I mention it was hot?

Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Restaurant Killeen, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Dear havehornwiltravel,

Our sincerest apologies. With onset of summer and extreme it’s temperatures, we unfortunately have experienced some air conditioning issues that are being addressed. I have also spoken to all our employees about remembering this is an open kitchen and the importance of keeping the guest in mind through minimal and quiet communication.

I would very much like to treat you and yours to a nice dinner on us. I would love to personally take care of you, giving us the opportunity to show you our true colors! Please contact me here at the restaurant or via email at william.browning@shiloinns.com. I look forward to meeting you soon and hope to have the opportunity to turn your less than stellar experience into a positive one.

William Browning

Reviewed May 30, 2013

I had dinner here while staying at the Shilo Inn and also Brunch on Sunday with the family. The service was excellent and food was good!