“Still in 2011...really?”

Best Western Inn Of Kilgore
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Kilgore
Reviewed September 29, 2011

Let's just say that going there helped me realize that some things never change. On our way out to visit family, I saw some very "active" children trash some areas in the hotel and reported it. The next day, my children were blamed by one of the hotel personnel. Did I miss something? Why were they immediately blamed? The sad part is that we were actually at a family member's home the previous night and had just returned when they were knocking on our door. Streotype?? Over the past 15 years, I always stayed there but will never again. I'm sure other hotels in the area will take the same money.

Room Tip: Keep your kids close
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed July 30, 2011

I have stayed at Best Western in Kilgore several times over the past 3 months. It's clean and the people at the front desk will bend over backward to help. I even forgot my toothbrush twice and they provided one on both occasions and the toothpaste too. It's not the Ritz, but it is a nice place away from home. The pool is also a saltwater pool. Ask TK for whatever you need and she or the manager will fix it. I heard from TK that the hotel was recently bought and remodeled and since then, it's been nice. I don't know because I've just stayed since May 28th, but I'm happy with it. I used to stay at the Marriott chains and I was a bit of a snob about it, but Best Western has my business now because of this one place. I pretty much have good things to say about it. The only bad thing is the free breakfast isn't great (white bread and pastries, etc.) but they did have oatmeal for me, which is a plus. Overall, a good night's rest for a very reasonable price. Also, I didn't join the rewards right away, but then I did on my second stay and it's the best rewards I've ever had. I can actually buy stuff with the points and not just free nights. My credit card isn't even that good.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Sheilamsmithcfnp
Reviewed March 20, 2010

I am a regular traveler and stay at this BW on a monthly basis. The best hotel in Kilgore.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed January 25, 2010

We were driving in from Austin, Texas on business. On January 20th, 2010 was an unusual time of the year for East Texas to be experiencing tornados. We called the hotel from Henderson & the hotel was kind enough to check the weather station for us and give us a "it's clear". We drove the add'l 20 miles into Kilgore.

During the evening, as the sirens alarmed the residents, the hotel desk called each of the rooms to notify the guests about the warnings.

The hotel was very clean and comfortable, the hotel staff was very friendly, and we will definitely stay here again. They have a continental breakfast; recommend trying out some of the local restaurants instead.

If you're a business traveler, you'll need to take an internet cable; otherwise, no wi-fii.

Thanks Best Western Inn!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 5, 2009

The door is located off an outdoor walkway, not from inside. As a solo female traveler I didn't feel safe with the people walking by the room all night. The blinds had to be shut the entire time so you didn't feel like people could walk by and see you.
Worst of all, I found a used hairbrush in a drawer that had probably been there for a while - full of nasty hair.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed April 7, 2008

Arrived and immediately noticed that this did not look remotely like the photos or description on the internet. The clerk was sitting behind the desk upon my arrival and would not get up to assist me until I requested assistance. I went to the room and upon entering noticed it smelled bad, and the smell got even worse when I put the air conditioning on. I was stuck for the night, but had to endure the smell. I attempted to call the front desk and discovered that the phone was inoperable. I was advised that upon arrival you had to request to have the phone turned on at the front desk. Thats great, good thing I had my cell phone or did not have an emergency. Called on my cell phone, canceled the rest of he week and could not wait to get out off this filthy place. Do not stay here, even if it looks good on the internet.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank StateAuditor
Reviewed November 13, 2007

This is how a hotel should be run. Everything was clean & roomy. The fan drowns out the occasional train quite well. Curtains are such that the room was able to be darkened very well. The clerk at the desk recommended Big T's down the road - excellent steak for 5 for less than $50 (bring cash or check, no credit card) - good tip.

Continental breakfast was good & appreciated - rank 4 on that part.

Pricing was quite good.