“RACISM”

Jalapeno Tree
Ranked #6 of 57 Restaurants in Kilgore
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Iwas visiting kilgore and i stop a this place,to eat,and i asked for a beer they asked for my id and i showed em my passport,and they told me i has to be a texas id,thats sucks so the tourist are not welcome in texas?thats racism,they can get in a big trouble for that,hope the jalapeno tree corporate do something about this.of course i will never come back and tell all my friends that travel to texas dont go...

1  Thank Ricardo T

Reviewed June 1, 2012

Very Average Mexican Food. Nice folks. Clean. Basic menu. GREAT FISH TACOS! That about says it!

Reviewed May 10, 2012

Every time we go to East Texas, we eat at least one meal at this restaurant. I love their chilies rellenos. Most places batter fry a small chili pepper with a sliver of cheese in it. This place stuffs a large poblano pepper with either meat or cheese and batter fries it. They are delicious. The four of us ordered large dinners with soft drinks and one large beer (for me) and the bill with tax was a few coins less than $60.

This place offers Mexican food a little better than the average quality for a reasonable price.

Reviewed March 26, 2012

General fare Tex-Mex food with decent service. Can be kind of fun though.

Reviewed March 14, 2012

Have the green sauce on EVERYTHING! Wide menu selection, great mixed drinks, pleasant surroundings, and attentive waitstaff.

Been to Jalapeno Tree? Share your experiences!