“Pleasurable stay”

Americas Best Value Inn and Suites - Kilgore
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Kilgore
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We stayed for three months one year because of my husbands work.Everyone did their jobs very well to keep us comfortable.We have 4 children and every morning before their dad went to work we all went down to the dinning room for a great breakfast.The staff was excellent!

Room Tip: Pick the room with the jacuzzi tub!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank clynn79

Reviewed November 16, 2012

I have stayed in many of this companies hotels and find that they vary quite a bit. This one is very nice. The rooms are clean and quite comfortable. And, there is an elevator - if that is an issue! The Internet worked well, and the front desk people were very kind. Having said this, I think it might be a good idea for management to stay in a few hotels to see how their competition compares. For example, there didn't seem to be any "do not disturb" signs for the rooms. I was working odd hours in Kilgore, and yet EVERY morning the maid knocked on my door aggressively at 9AM and then attempted to walk in -- waking me up in the process. I told her I needed another hour on two occasions -- the end result being that that there was no room service that day! Breakfast selection was limited, and not of very good quality. I think something made me sick on my first day, so I just didn't eat there again. To be fair, the price I paid was quite low. But, frankly -- because of the way the maids are (not) trained, and the poor quality of the breakfast -- I would have to think twice about staying here again. Now, if the management could just fix these problems...they'd have a real winner!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Rudolph_Wurlitzer
Reviewed October 4, 2012

We stayed Nov. 2011 during racing season. Not only was it hard to find a room, and they accomodated us last minute, but they went above and beyond in customer service. Thanks for the fantastic service, and we are coming back!

• Stayed: November 2011
2  Thank fatshoppinglady
Reviewed July 21, 2012

The hotel was clean-nice. The room was comfortable and quite large-nice. The walls were thin and the door had at least a one inch gap at the bottom-not nice. Not enough to roll a donut under, but plenty big enough to hear all those dang kids running around late and then again early! And their mothers...When do they sleep? The same time I did- from midnight to 6:30.
A 65 buck night's sleep!

Room Tip: The on ramp to the interstate is closed at this intersection, so after your short sleep, you gotta g...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 16, 2010

Rooms are large with kitchenette and the staff were friendly and helpful. However, that's about all of the positive aspects I can comment on. My room was well worn, had a patch in the carpeting, smelled of some sort of odor masker, the bedspread and sheets had black stains, the mattress was terrible and the the pillows appeared to be filled with bits of foam (and not very fully at that). Breakfast selection included two types of cold cereal, toast, bagel, waffle, coffee and juice. Free wifi.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank navraq
rubenreyes, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn and Suites - Kilgore, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2011

I wanted to thank you for writing a review for our hotel on Tripadvisor, I have looked into the issues that you mentioned, and I wanted to let you know that we recently remodled our rooms, and I hope that you return soon so that we may show you that we value you as our guest.

Reviewed October 18, 2009

For the price I paid I can truley say this Hotel delivered everything I could have expected.
Truley a hidden gem in Kilgore that you do not expect. When you are looking for economy hotels. Great stay.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank sillee

I am so happy to see that you enjoyed your stay and hope that you come back soon.

Reviewed June 28, 2008

My husband and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Kilgore with my duaghter and her friend while they attended the Rangerette Camp at Kilgore College. Having stayed recently at the Holiday Inn Express in dowtown Houston only a few of weeks earlier, I expected this location to be similar.

The chain is in the process of updating their facilities, to include new matressess, linens, etc., as was the case with this location. Though the A/C unit was just an inefficient as the unit in Houston, overall we were pleased with what we found. In general the facilites were clean and the staff was helpful, though not always quick to respond with requests. Given what we observed at other Kilgore hotels, I would guess that this hotel is probably one of the best in the area (if not the best).

We will definately return to the Holiday Inn Express, of our travels bring us to Kilgore in the future.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank consultlkr

I want to thank you for writing a review for our hotel, and I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay.