“IMPRESSIVE & STRIKING”

Comfort Suites - Kilgore
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Kilgore
Reviewed April 2, 2011

I went to Kilgore because it was the closest town to Overton, Texas, where the Texas AgriLife Research & Extension Center is located. What a nice surprise to find a hotel that has beds 'better than my own', and I have spent real $$$ money for my bed. Along with the wonderful bed came the excellent service and a hearty hot breakfast. I did not mind driving the 13 extra miles, long miles when you are tired and sleepy, just to think I would be sleeping in heaven, and being pampered with every consivable attention possible.
HEY, HOTELS IN HOUSTON, TAKE A QUEUE FROM THIS HOTEL.
VALUE, VALUE, VALUE, COMFORT, COMFORT, COMFORT.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
5  Thank ramgad

Reviewed March 30, 2011

I travel on business and live in hotels 5 days a week all across Texas and in several other states. Recently I returned to Kilgore and checked in to this hotel. I was greeted by name, with an apology that my regular room was not available.They remembered. Wow! They had another room that was just as nice ready for me. I was compelled to write this review in recognition of this fine hotel and wonderful staff.

In early 2010 I worked a 3 month project in Kilgore and stayed in this hotel and got to watch it ran. When the project was complete, I moved out of the area and on to other projects. No mater where I stayed, I longed for the comfort, conveniences and hospitality I had grown accustom to in Kilgore. Comfort Suites Kilgore is one of the nicest and definitely the best value hotel I have ever stayed in.

Location! Location! Location! The hotel sits back off of Highway 259 Business so you don't get all the highway noise like you find in many hotels. It's nestled in behind Chili's which is very convenient. Working late in your room? Give Chili's a call and they deliver to the front desk. Need to unwind a little? Walk over to Chili's for a drink, no need to drive. Great place to meet family, friends or collogues, then walk back to the room safe and sound. Walmart and CVS are also in walking distance,

Quality! Walk through the front door and you are greeted by creative, modern design, and a great smell. This place is always spotless. Every room in this house is a suite, spacious and plush. Although the hotel is a couple of years old, everything still looks brand new. Nice furniture, GREAT mattresses. Great Decor.

Relaxation! The hotel has a nice exercise room, and is also located in an area that has some very nice roads for walking and running for those who like the outdoors. I was running near the hotel early one morning and ran right up on 4 white tail deer. The hotel hosts a cocktail hour a couple of nights a week that invites guests out of their room to mix and mingle in front of a 50 inch TV. Don't be surprised if the general manager or owners stop in to visit and share in the festivities. They really know how to run a great business.

The Staff! Check in day or night, you want be disappointed. Committed. Professional. This 4 person desk crew lead by an energetic general manager is top notch. They all take pride and ownership in the hotel and go above and beyond to meet their guests needs and keep the hotel rated first class. They make it a point to know their guests. The "English gentleman" even remembered what news I liked to watch and would change to it when he saw me coming when no other guests were around. Wow! I have seen the staff cater to specific needs such as printed direction for wedding parties and special events, romance packages for Valentines and special occasions, favorite beverages at cocktail parties, etc. Truly amazing.

Value! I Have stayed in hotels for more then double what I pay to stay in this hotel and no where near this nice. Even without the Choice Points, this hotel is well worth every penny they charge. I am not sure how they can do all that they do for what they charge. I wish I could move it with me everywhere I go to work, and play.

Room Tip: Honestly, I don't think any rooms are bad.
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank joemarine81
Reviewed November 12, 2010

The rooms are large, quite,and comfortable. They have an indoor pool and hot tub.
The staff is very helpful and will tend to every need you have. They even have a nice restaurant in front that will deliver your dinner with no delivery cost if you don't feel like going out on the town.

This is far the best hotel in Kilgore not only in value but in quality.

Like I said " it is a Big City Hotel in a Small City" and I travel every week.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank texaslagal
Reviewed March 13, 2010

I will probably to Kilgore a couple times per year and I have definitely found my hotel. It is spotlessly clean and spacious. The staff is friendly and the free breakfast was good. My stay there could not have been any better.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo
4  Thank GoodSource
Reviewed January 29, 2010

The front desk crew of Rohena, Ashley and Shay are always smiling and quick to resolve any issue. We travel all over the country and this fine crew of Ladies have made me want to write in and give a review of my stay.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
4  Thank pierre0617
Reviewed December 22, 2009

This is a relatively new hotel and the rooms were big and were very nicely furnished. The bed linens were of good quality and the mattresses were very plush. The mattess on the pull out couch was thin but within expectations and worked well for our kids. The staff was very helpful. Our kids loved the indoor pool in December, and the colorful waterwall in the lobby was a big hit. The hotel is centrally located in Kilgore, and a Wal-Mart is nearby. The hot breakfast was good but not great. The hotel was clean and we will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank RzrbkDad
Reviewed December 21, 2009

I stayed here for one night for a family reunion. I found the rooms clean and a really nice size. They offered a breakfast with some hot items on it (eggs,bacon,ham). They were really good at handeling our need for extra bedding for the sofa sleeper and extra towels. I would definitely stay here again. The water art in the lobby really fasinated my kids. And yes Chili's delivers if you do not want to walk across the parking lot to dine in.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family