“Nice place to stay.”

Hampton Inn Kilgore
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Kilgore
Reviewed May 21, 2013

This was a nice hotel, close enough to local businesses without being too close, that's clean and has friendly helpful staff. The breakfast choices were good and the room was comfortable. I loved the scenery around the hotel as it was surrounded by forest. It's also close to larger towns.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank Sherri G
ntrahan, General Manager at Hampton Inn Kilgore, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay here with us! Hampton's statement "we love having you here" is not just a slogan to us, we truly do love our guests! We appreciate having had the opportunity to welcome you as our guests, and thank you for sharing your experience with the online community! We certainly enjoy hearing (and reading) that we did well at what we pride ourselve at striving toward- ensuring our guests are happy! We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

This is a lovely hotel in Kilgore. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. Even recommended a wonderful local restaurant for dinner. Beds were comfortable, room was very clean, breakfast was typical Hampton Inn, basic but something for everyone. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nolagroup
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I had a bad experience, I can say that I have had to deal with people very rude, I did not receive room service on the first day, Mr. maneger has also tried to change my rate to check out, breakfast is less than standart Hampton inn, I can safely say this is a bad hotel

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank molise74
ntrahan, General Manager at Hampton Inn Kilgore, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I'm sorry that you received a poor level of service; this is not the Hampton norm as our goal is Satisfaction Guaranteed. I have addressed these issues with our staff. The next time you are in the area we would love to have you come back and experience an improved level of customer service. Thank you once again for your comments.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

The staff was very helpful and friendly, check in and check out was painless. The room was well accessorized, clean, and comfortable bedding. The morning breakfast was good, I very much enjoyed it. The picture of the hotel online really doesn't speak very well of the quality of interior performance.

Room Tip: I stayed in a travel / business / king / 3rd floor.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We are making our way across country and a day of rainy driving gave us a reason to stop here. Price seemed fair based on what we've seen in the area. Room was attractive, clean, and comfortable. We were on the third floor facing a wooded area. Gave this an average sleep rating because we could hear the tv from the next room.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 20, 2013

My wife and I attended a funeral in the area. We stayed at the Hampton Inn in Kilgore and are glad we did. We were met by a very caring and professional staff, who under the circumstances made our visit as enjoyable as it could be. The Assistant GM was really a wonderful man. I want to extend my gratitude to these caring people, and recommend this hotel to anyone who needs a good nights sleep, in a clean and comfortable room.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 13, 2013

The Hampton Inn has a horrible cancellation policy. We booked for two nights to attend a big wedding in the area, but after running into bad traffic in Temple and Waco, we realized that it would take too long to get back to Austin. Unfortunately, they refused to cancel our second night because they have a 48 hour cancellation policy, and trust me, we TRIED to get the second night cancelled because my mother does not like being told no. So yeah, that's nonsense, but the actual hotel keeps this review above a 1 star. Nicely maintained, with good coffee in the lobby and a comfy bed. I'd still suggest checking out the HI Express or regular traffic conditions on your route before booking.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Tony F, Manager at Hampton Inn Kilgore, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry our cancellation policy did not meet your needs. Your comments will help us to improve our policies and better serve our guests in the future. We hope you will consider staying at our hotel if you return to the area.