“Spur of the moment stay”

Hampton Inn Kilgore
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Kilgore
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We are making our way across country and a day of rainy driving gave us a reason to stop here. Price seemed fair based on what we've seen in the area. Room was attractive, clean, and comfortable. We were on the third floor facing a wooded area. Gave this an average sleep rating because we could hear the tv from the next room.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 20, 2013

My wife and I attended a funeral in the area. We stayed at the Hampton Inn in Kilgore and are glad we did. We were met by a very caring and professional staff, who under the circumstances made our visit as enjoyable as it could be. The Assistant GM was really a wonderful man. I want to extend my gratitude to these caring people, and recommend this hotel to anyone who needs a good nights sleep, in a clean and comfortable room.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 13, 2013

The Hampton Inn has a horrible cancellation policy. We booked for two nights to attend a big wedding in the area, but after running into bad traffic in Temple and Waco, we realized that it would take too long to get back to Austin. Unfortunately, they refused to cancel our second night because they have a 48 hour cancellation policy, and trust me, we TRIED to get the second night cancelled because my mother does not like being told no. So yeah, that's nonsense, but the actual hotel keeps this review above a 1 star. Nicely maintained, with good coffee in the lobby and a comfy bed. I'd still suggest checking out the HI Express or regular traffic conditions on your route before booking.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Tony F, Manager at Hampton Inn Kilgore, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry our cancellation policy did not meet your needs. Your comments will help us to improve our policies and better serve our guests in the future. We hope you will consider staying at our hotel if you return to the area.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

I arrived at the hotel about 11:30AM and was hoping to check in and drop off my bags before I went to my business meetings in town. When I entered the lobby, I was "greeted" by a sign saying CHECK IN IS AT 3:00. I found a cleaning person and asked her to find someone I could speak to about checking in early. She went to the back and I could hear her talking to someone. She then returned and said, "No check in until 3:00." I could not believe that the Manager (or other person in charge) would not come out of his office to speak with me. I called the hotel using my cell phone and spoke with "Joel Lawrence" and inquired about early check in. He proceeded to tell me that they did not have a single clean room and that even if he did, he would charge me a 1/2 day rate if I checked in at this time. He was very impolite so I told him that I wanted to cancel my reservation altogether. He said that I would be charged a night's stay because I did not give 48 hours notice. I stated that my confirmation listed a same-day 6PM cancellation policy. He said that I was incorrect, but to 'help me out' he would call corporate to have them waive the charge. I later double-checked my paper copy of my confirmation and verified that I was correct regarding the 6PM same-day cancellation. I am very unhappy with the extremely poor customer service. I understand that early check in is not required, however, the Manager (or person in charge) should at least have the courtesy to come out of his office to speak with the customer rather than posting a sign in the lobby!!!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here. Go to the Holiday Inn across the street!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank visitaustin
Tony F, Manager at Hampton Inn Kilgore, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2013

We are sorry we were not able to provide you with a better quality of service. This is not typical of our usual Hamptonality and welcoming staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we are all about Satisfaction Guaranteed and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a great stay. Thank you for your feedback and we hope you will come back and stay with us again.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

Our stay at the Hampton Inn-Kilgore was a pleasant experience. Both the management and staff were professional, courteous, and accommodating; we were especially impressed with the GM, who made it a point to ensure that we were satisfied with the service and property, which we found to be well maintained.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank James L
Reviewed October 15, 2012

The hotel was okay. No real criticism except not of the quality of other Hamptons such as the mattress. Staff was nice. Room fronted on the highway but that didn't cause any real problems. Coffee excellent!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Tony F, Manager at Hampton Inn Kilgore, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

I just wanted to say thanks for your recent stay here at our hotel! I’m so glad you were able to experience our warm Hamptonality, and we apologize of the experience wasn’t exactly as you expected. We can’t wait to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

Stayed here during the Shakespeare Festival- our third stay at this property. For the first time, we were disappointed in a Hampton Inn. Our room smelled musty or smoked in and fronted on the highway. When we asked the front desk for about a different room, we were told that there were only two other rooms, both fronting on the highway, yet only about a dozen cars were in the lot that night. When we went to the pool, we found a tiny sign announcing that it was out of service. Last, even though we had a prepaid room, our credit card was charged for the room a second time. It took several calls and abont 20 minutes of my time to get this resolved.

The staff was friendly and the property generally clean. Hope they can resolve the service glitches.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Chris_in_Texas1
Tony F, Manager at Hampton Inn Kilgore, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience at our hotel. The problems you mentioned with the incorrect charges as well as the pool closing have been addressed. We appreciate you bringing this to us and we hope you will give our property a second chance if you return to the area. We would really love to have you back so we can show you what our Hamptonality is all about.