“Hampton Inn Kilgore”

Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Kilgore
Dallas, Texas
“Hampton Inn Kilgore”
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Stayed here during the Shakespeare Festival- our third stay at this property. For the first time, we were disappointed in a Hampton Inn. Our room smelled musty or smoked in and fronted on the highway. When we asked the front desk for about a different room, we were told that there were only two other rooms, both fronting on the highway, yet only about a dozen cars were in the lot that night. When we went to the pool, we found a tiny sign announcing that it was out of service. Last, even though we had a prepaid room, our credit card was charged for the room a second time. It took several calls and abont 20 minutes of my time to get this resolved.

The staff was friendly and the property generally clean. Hope they can resolve the service glitches.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Chris_in_Texas1
Tony F, Manager at Hampton Inn Kilgore, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience at our hotel. The problems you mentioned with the incorrect charges as well as the pool closing have been addressed. We appreciate you bringing this to us and we hope you will give our property a second chance if you return to the area. We would really love to have you back so we can show you what our Hamptonality is all about.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Turkish first
Denton, Texas
Reviewed January 25, 2012

I had a great experience at this Hampton Inn in Kilgore.The friendly desk clerk promptly greeted us with a warm smile and was attentive to our needs when I requested an upgrade to a King Suite. To my anticipated delight our suite was spacious, very clean, comfortable and allotted my family the rest we needed for our drive home the next day. The bed was so cozy I slept in an extra hour the next morning! The hotel had all the amenities I needed including a refrigerator and microwave in our room, internet accessibility and breakfast in the morning to start my family's day off right. I definitely will be returning to stay on my next family outing and will be recommending this Hampton Inn to my other family members and friends.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Rin T
Reviewed January 25, 2012

Will be back soon. Love the staff and I think the hotel is new very well kept.

• Stayed January 2012
2 Thank Bobjr101
Kilgore, Texas, United States

I was really pleased with this Hampton Inn in Kilgore Texas
I front desk staff of all 3 shifts where on top of everything, really went out to make us comfortable! The whole hotel was very clean, and well equiped. Our Room was wonderful those beds are to cry for best night sleep I have had traveling since I cant remember! Wonderful breakfast also, Thanks to everyone at the Hampton Inn of Kilgore! WE WILL COME BACK!!

Room Tip: get the even rooms, 3rd floor
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Matthews490
Plano, Texas, United States
Reviewed January 25, 2012

Great stay, nice staff and rooms were clean and fresh. definitely be back here.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank yaarlally
Los Angeles
Reviewed January 21, 2012

This is the worst Hampton Inn I've ever stayed in (and I've been to TONS of them) it is also, ironically, one of the cleanest, which is the only nice thing I can say about this place. It's So badly staffed it is a joke. The beds are good and if you just want to sleep you are ok, but NOTHING else in the room works, outlets are broken, lamps are broken, their business center doesn't function properly and the staff, well they are "awfully sorry" about all this, but most of the are unbearably stupid and the smarter ones are just trying to cope with all the complaints they are getting from guests. If this was not a business expense and covered by my company, I'd be fighting tooth and nail for a refund. It is RIDICULOUS how bad this hotel is run. Do yourself a favor and stay in the Comfort Suites down the street because that's what i'll be doing next time. Oh yeah, and Tony, the GM one other reviews mentioned, is the owner's son and could not have cared less about all the problems I had. It's his fault this place is such a nightmare.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else for a good room. BUT, if you must stay here ask for one facing the back, away f...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank tvtraveler
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Reviewed January 1, 2012

This has got to be one of the worst experiences ever at a Hilton hotel. I travel quite a bit and have stayed at many Hampton Inns and this was by far the worst. My wife and kids and I were visiting Kilgore over Christmas and from the get go it was one thing after another. At check in the front desk clerk couldn't find our reservation, since I made it through Expedia I had already paid for the room. I should have known better because the rate I got was $55.00 and you definitely get what you pay. After waiting 20 min or so he finally found our reservation and through all of this we had to put up with his attitude! We finally go up to our room only to find someones luggage in it. Go back downstairs, get another room, go back upstairs- and the key doesn't work. Ridiculous. Finally get into a room-kids are tired--and the bathroom light bulb is burned out. Great. Now I'm really not looking forward to more eye rolling and attitude from the front desk clerk. We move into the room next door. Room seemed ok until my wife saw the ants in the bed, mold in the bathroom, left over drinks from a previous guest in the fridge. In the morning breakfast was sparse. The attendant said the hotel was pretty much empty so she would not be putting much out. Hardly seems fair to the guests who ARE staying there. Like I said you get what you pay for.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
6 Thank steveday21
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kilgore
Comfort Suites - Kilgore
#3 of 34 in Longview
Marhaba Inn & Suites
Marhaba Inn & Suites
#15 of 34 in Longview

Been to Hampton Inn Kilgore? Share your experiences!