“Wonderful, educational trip”

37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Wonderful, educational trip”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Relive the Texas oil boom days at this fantastic museum. You walk thru doors, into the streets of Kilgore, Texas of the past. It is so cool, so entertaining, so filled with facts. Really well done.

1 Thank ggof4

Jacksonville, Texas
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Very interesting but short tour”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Loved the museum and wish there was more to it. I have family with history in the oil field boom in this area so the old town recreation with the car bogged down in the road lent some realism to the stories I'd heard.

Longview, Texas
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“A step back into the oil boom!”
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Wonderful place to go to learn about the oil boom in East Texas. Located on Kilgore College Campus. Walk down Downtown Kilgore when there were muddy streets. Watch a movie about those that struck it rich. See stores as they were back then. Also, visit the Rangerette Museum while on the Kilgore College campus.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank retiredandlivinglife
Whitehouse, Texas
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“I actually enjoyed it”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

I have to admit, when someone asked me if I wanted to visit The Oil Museum, I was not really enthused, it just didn't sound...fun.
I actually enjoyed it quite a bit and have been back several times. There is some very interesting history here, and I think a lot for everyone. It is a great value, and I think a real hidden gem. If you have a chance, go check it out, I think people of all ages will enjoy the time spent here.

Visited September 2011
1 Thank spittacus
Tyler, Texas
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Very educational”
Reviewed July 27, 2012

I have lived in East Texas most of my life. Learned so much more about the area and what makes it what it is at this museum

1 Thank etxgmom

Been to East Texas Oil Museum? Share your experiences!