“Very impressed”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kilgore North
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Kilgore
Reviewed July 27, 2012 via mobile

I was so impressed with this hotel. SUPER clean and rooms were very large and comfy. It was raining but there was an indoor pool!!! Free breakfast in the morning. Fridge and microwave in the room. Only problem was thin walls - we heard doors slamming all night and kept sounding like the room above us were lifting weights and then dropping them over and over at 2AM(don't know what they were really doing??). Also, office center with computer and Internet and a printer you are free to use as much as you like. I'd definitely recommend this hotel tho--- very nice.

• Stayed: July 2012

Reviewed June 7, 2012

If, you want Quality 100% in everyway possible there is no other choice to make
Book at the Holiday Inn in Kilgore Texas You will be glad you did!!!!!

Room Tip: cant go wrong the location where the hotel is at all sides are comfortable
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 20, 2012

We arrived around 2:30 a.m. the computer system would not accept my debit card so I had to go down the road to get money. The clerk told me when their system updates that happens a lot. Other than that our experience was good. The rooms were clean. The breakfast was nice. And the staff was great!

• Stayed: March 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Case Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kilgore North, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2012

Dear girlzintexas,

Thanks for your review. and the high marks.
I'm glad you enjoyed our hotel.
I apologize for the problems you encountered when checking in.
Please come stay with us again!

Katie J
IHGCare

Reviewed February 24, 2012

We moved here from the horror story at the days Inn. Kim at the front desk was very nice and friendly. We asked for recommendations and she was happy to give us her ideas and directions to get there. Husband loved the hot tub and the cleanliness of the whole pool area. Great breakfast area with constant attention from the staff. We loved it and we will go back there whenever we visit our relatives in the area. Peaceful and quiet with no loud parties going on. Just a wonderful place to stay. The rooms and lobby were very nicely decorated and the housekeeping staff was very friendly also. Price was good, we should have gone with Holiday Inn Express first but thought we were getting a great rate somewhere else. We ended up being charged at the other place for the same night but theres no way I was going to stay there ever again. I WILL stay at the Holiday Inn express again.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 26, 2012

Recently I stayed at the Holiday Express in Kilgore and after reading previous reviews was a bit weary that the place may not be up to my expectations. When I got to the hotel, I was pleasantly surprised to see how clean and well laid out the property was and how efficient the front desk staff were when checking in. I was given room 312 on the third floor and though I smelled some residual smoke in the hallway, there was none in the room. I'm guessing at one time the 3rd floor was the smoking floor. The room was very clean and the bed very comfortable. It was a very large room overlooking the back parking lot. The bathroom had everything you would need and if you forgot something, the hotel would have it at the front desk. I had a lot of space to work at the desk provided and the room also came with a small fridge, microwave and sink. All my nights were very quiet even with the hotel being full. The pool room was clean and well maintained and the gym was great. Every morning I had breakfast at the hotel where they provided hot food usually eggs, bacon and good old Texas style biscuits and gravy. There was yogart and muffins, fruit, juice, coffee and a place to make waffles. I found this property to be well managed, clean and worth the money. I would highly recommend the place if you're staying in Kilgore.

Room Tip: The WiFi is free!
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 23, 2011

This chain is usually my favorite, I will go out of my way to stay at an HI Express because I know what I will get. This place doesn't even come close. Sure, on the surface it's what I have come to expect, but that's where the similarities end.

I have stayed in rooms for 30 dollars a night that were built better than this place. I'm writing this review at 1 AM because I can't sleep due to the stomping noise from the room above me. This hotel is literally less than 1/2 mile away from where I work when I am here, and I will happily stay at the Wyndham in Longview again before I ever stay here again. Meaning, that I will stay 25 to 30 minutes away, depending on traffic, from where I work long before I stay in this hotel ever again. If the room wasn't already paid for in full, I would check out right now and get the first room available ANYWHERE else in town.

There is one woman on staff here who is helpful, but sadly she isn't on shift tonight. The woman on staff tonight, 7/24/11, actually blew me off when I called down to complain about the noise saying that they must have just got in to the room for the night. So stomping and keeping people up at midnight and 1 AM is acceptable if you just got in for the night? Ridiculous.

I would ask to be changed to a third floor room, except that even by the nice woman's admission, they are too well smoked in and stink to high heaven with cigarette remnants.

Do yourself a favor and stay far far away from this place. I know I will from now on.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank rr_double_rr
Reviewed July 18, 2011

We (,my father, myself & my son-15 months old) came in from a 6 hour trip at 2:15 AM the front desk clerk gave us our room cards which did not work. After going back down stairs 4 times explaining that the lock flashed red each time, she said she would open it with her key & fix ours in the morning. She open the door to the room & it had been locked on the inside with both the door deadbolt & the top latch because the room was already occupied! The man whose room we just opened had been asleep & was upset as we were too. The front desk clerk went back down stairs & got us a different room by this time is it 2:55 AM . The room in general was clean. The bathroom smelled very musty the 2 days we were there. The next morning when we asked if the GM was in the morning front desk clerk explained that the red light meant the door was dead bolted on the inside- apologized but didn't seem to care about the inconvenient it caused us, the GM was not in, it was his day off but she had to call him in anyway because the other guest whose room was opened at 2 in the morning had complained. The bed was comfortable but the pillows lacked as the soft pillows felt like they had been washed so they were lumpy. There was a decent breakfast. There was a large family reunion there that weekend so the pool & hot tub were dirty because of all of the people who where in it & when you did walk into the pool area it smelled very strongly of chlorine. I will definitely not stay here again simply because the staff seemed to not really care that we waited for almost 45 minutes with a small child after a 6 hour drive to get into a room that had already been booked prior.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family