We purchased a Groupon for the Inn of the Hills. Prior to our arrival, we called to see if we could possibly upgrade to one of their renovated rooms. They were nice enough to upgrade us at no additional charge. (Be mindful that this was in January, so it may have been due to the lack of occupancy at the time...but much appreciated nonetheless).
When we arrived, we were exhausted as we had driven in from Fort Worth, TX. They quickly got us our room key, and directed us to some local restaurants that were serving later in the evening but had delicious food as well (We ended up at Mamacitas - I have a review under my profile if you care to see it).
Our room was incredibly clean, comfortable, and cozy. The stone wall behind the bed adds just the right amount of romance/Texas charm. Our room was on the first floor right outside of the courtyard/pool area. We had someone in the neighboring room, but we never actually heard them, which is great!
The next morning, the weather was prefect and we were able to enjoy a cup of coffee on our patio overlooking the courtyard. We did not get to enjoy the free breakfast, however, as we were never up in time to make it. We did, however, make it to the Sunday brunch which i definitely recommend. It had a wide array of meat and side dish selections, the free mimosa was a lovely touch, and the dessert selection looked splendid (however, I was too full to try any!)
We also made it over to the Inn Pub and heard a live band and danced. It was perfect because we didnt have to worry about driving anywhere, and the drink prices were reasonable for a hotel/inn bar.
During our stay, we wanted to visit the Kerrville Winery (which was great - I have a review on my profile for that as well) but we did not want to drive there so that we could enjoy the wine tasting. We asked the hotel front desk if there was a taxi service, and low and behold there was! They gave us a business card for Kerr Kab, called, and were promptly picked up and brought to the winery. Not only was the cab service prompt, but the woman who runs the company picked us up, and was friendly, personable, and gave us a reasonable round trip rate to the winery. Definitely recommended!
The hotel is also within walking distance to the 1011 Bistro (I have a review on my profile for that as well) so if you are looking for something a bit more fancy and romantic, definitely check that out.
Overall, we got a great rate, for exceptional service, clean room, and a lovely getaway weekend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 166 rooms, With native stone architecture and proximity to the beautiful Guadalupe River, the Inn of the Hills is the landmark hotel for the Texas Hill Country. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelClick, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Inn of the Hills Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn Of The Hills Hotel Kerrville
- Inn Of The Hills Resort And Conference
- Hotel Of The Hills Conference