Inn of the Hills Hotel & Conference Center
Super 8 Kerrville TX(Kerrville)(Great Value!)
$57
$103
$74
QualityInn
$55
Hotels.com
La Quinta Inn & Suites Kerrville(Kerrville)(Great Value!)
$95
$116
$110
Best Western Sunday House Inn(Kerrville)(Great Value!)
$90
BestWestern.com
$120
$114
Hampton.com
$55
All reviewsdance floorhill countrybreakfast buffetthe riversmall patiorock wallpool areatennis courtsthe wait stafflive bandparking lothotel restaurantan older propertymini fridgenice poolfirst floorking room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I read the reviews all the way up to booking our room. I chose to pay extra and not do groupon because I read the renovated rooms were the ones to stay in. We got a king casa room by the small pool and were not disappointed at all. It was quiet, clean and the bed was comfortable. We enjoyed the pub the first night with Mario flores performing. It was packed with locals and visitors...great place! The next day we enjoyed the pool by the river...very nice! If we ever go back to kerville we will def stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Laurie T
Reviewed September 14, 2013

The Inn of the hills resort is probably the best resort to stay at in Kerrville. I purchased a groupon special so we had a room that was not renovated but it was very clean with two queen beds and a room with a view of the pool. The room was located upstairs and the resort does not have elevators so be prepared to carry your bags up stairs ( If travelling with family physically challenged request a 1st floor room. The lobby was attractive and the front desk was efficient. We had dinner at the resort restaurant, and the seafood buffet was mediocre. We received breakfast coupons at check in, when we went for breakfast at 10am we realized that breakfast buffet ends at 9:30am. I was disappointed as most hotels have breakfast until 10:30 or 11:00 am on weekends. I ordered scrambled eggs and they were not tasty and left me looking for a breakfast place all weekend. The wait staff was not friendly and was not what I expected for service at a resort. After driving through Kerrville I realized that the Inn of the Hills is the nicest hotel in Kerrville. The pool was very nice and most guests enjoyed the pool during the day. The resort does have a pub on the grounds and a pool with a river view a short walk to the river. Some shops to browse are on the grounds. I would stay here again even though the restaurant could use a better menu and staff could use some training on customer service skills, beside the restaurant overall the resort was a nice place for a weekend retreat, I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the 1st floor and ask for a remodeled room.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank womantrvler
Reviewed September 13, 2013

The first thing we noticed was the door had been kicked in and the splintered wood around the lock was very visible. Glad I brought my handgun! The kind size bed was a King Size back ache! What I don't understand, is why would a Hotel have a bed that that should have been replaced 10 or 15 years ago? This really upset me, but I was not surprised, as some hotels paint the front door and say the place has been renovated!
The room had a moldy type smell so the AC was really helpful in clearing the air. The hotel staff was very friendly and our room was clean with clean linen. Our TV remote wouldn't work unless you were 1 foot away! There is no on TV guide, but there is a cheat sheet to show the channels. To find out what to watch, go to TWC web site on your computer or tablet, and look at the TWC basic, not digital.
I'm giving this poor rating due to the bed and cost of the room! Would probably been better to throw the mattress on the floor! We did that in a hotel in El Paso, and found three kitchen knives on top of the bed frame. Apparently, someone took them out of the kitchen and placed them there to possibly protect themselves if someone broke in?
The location was nice and surrounded with plenty of Restaurants and very close to the Guadalupe River! Billie Gene's, Classic Burgers, and the Boathouse were our favorites! We dined at the Boathouse Twice. Our Waitress, Mary-Ann, from Wisconsin was a real nice person and a hoot! The folks we met in Kerrville are real nice people!

We have complained before about "bad Beds" at other hotels, but we find that they act surprised! What can the hotel clerk do? They know how it is! I would be a little more assertive and change rooms until we found a room with a decent bed!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank alamobrady
Reviewed September 10, 2013

It was one of the worst places I have stayed. The loft room was not what I had thought or what they advertise. The couch pull out bed was more comfortable than the king bed. For the price they offer I have slept in a roadside motel for a lot less and more comfortable. I left there so tired and disappointed.

Room Tip: Do not get a loft...there is no bathroom upstairs where the bed is, so you have to go up and down during the night.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank pinky6262
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Spent Labor Day weekend here because wanted an easy, inexpensive getaway. The three pools and expansive grounds helped make my decision. We had a renovated room (I think the groupon folks are getting the older rooms...sorry!) with a small patio and we thoroughly loved our room. The green color scheme was very nice/different and the wood ceiling and rock wall gave it that Texas feel I like so much. We had a nice seating area inside the room which we used a lot. The pools made the experience. The large main pool did attract a lot of people and though the crowd was generally well behaved, I agree with a previous reviewer that sometimes folks have to be reminded that we all have a right to enjoy a property's amenities. The small rock pool was gorgeous if not a little cool. We really liked the Guadalupe River pool....it was warmer and not as many people there. We could swim and read without being disturbed. While I enjoyed my little patio as I drank coffee and watched a hawk stalking prey, there were numerous areas for people to meet outside and talk, so it was a good place for folks travelling together. The breakfast was better than average for a free continental, with lots of fresh fruits, breads, cereals, juices and pastries. You can upgrade to the bigger breakfast for a few dollars more but we were content with what came with the room. The cantina bar was convenient and we used it a lot. Kerrville is a very pleasant place but is obviously a place where people work and live. It's not Fredricksburg...but Kerrville has that beautiful river! Comfort has some nice shopping close by and we visited the bat tunnel outside of Comfort Sunday night. Very worth the 30 min drive. Again, if you want a good Texas experience, this was a great choice!

Room Tip: When you make a reservation make sure it says "renovated room" for the newer rooms;
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family