“Working Weekend turned into Wonderful Weekend”

Inn of the Hills Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Kerrville
Rockport, Texas
“Working Weekend turned into Wonderful Weekend”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

This place was awesome. Very clean. Lots of pillows. In town yet secluded. Quiet. Restaurant had very convenient hours and excellent food. Would consider this one again for pleasure. After checking in there was an employee that stopped by to be sure that we had everything that we needed. The restaurant had indoor and outdoor seating and even though we had missed the actual lunch hour we still had ample food on the buffet. A C was modern, not outdoor noisy units.

Room Tip: even numbered rooms open out into the courtyard/pool area.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
san antonio, tx
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Our room rate was $79 per night plus tax. The rooms are very clean and the conference facilities excellent. the complimentary wireless internet is excellent. However due to the late night nature of our conference, we were asked to hang out in the front of the hotel on Saturday night. I will be returning next week for another conference at this hotel and am looking forward to it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Canyon, Texas
Reviewed October 28, 2012

This was just another get-a-way that I take about every couple of months to the Inn, and this is I think about my tenth year of revisits. The people at the Inn are awesome, from calling to make my reservation to checking out the last day:( everyone from the wait staff in the restaurant to maintenance people to change a light bulb, to the people at the top running the Inn, I fell like I am at home when I get there, everyone makes my stay perfect, but that is how they treat everyone. Another plus is that over all the time I've been staying at the Inn most of the same people are still working there. Above all, I always feel safe and look forward to getting back to seeing everyone on my next trip. Barbi Dzik
On my next trip

Room Tip: I choose a room on the outer perimeter so I can park in front of my room opposed to a room facing th...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Corpus Christi, Texas, United States
Reviewed October 23, 2012

My husband and I visited Kerrville for the first time last weekend for a wedding and decided to stay at the Inn. I was a bit anxious because I had read some negative reviews. But everything was fantastic. The ladies at the front desk were so kind. Some reviews suggested to ask for a recently renovated room. Although we did ask the Inn was completely booked so we couldn't get that but still our room was very nice. The room had two floors. The bed was upstairs in a loft area. The television was newer and a great size. There was a fridge and a microwave and coffee maker with 4 to go cups and complimentary coffee. We were right upstairs from the lobby. Room 317. Right below us was the restaurant. The pub (that stays open until 2 on weekends) was downstairs and down the hall. We walked around the premises and everything was beautiful. The pool is very nice and is surrounded with tables and chairs. Some of our friends stayed in one of the rooms by the pool and they were very pleased as well. There is also a rock pool. Staying at the Inn gains you access to a fitness place down the street. We did not visit there but I believe you also gain free access to bowling and an indoor pool? The pub was nice...very Texan. And there is live music on the weekends. The restaurant has an AWESOME buffet that is complimentary with room stay. I mean this buffet is AWESOME!! There is a person making omelets to order, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, french toast, biscuits and gravy, fruit, danishes, cereal, juice, coffee, grits. The restaurant also serves lunch and dinner and has a grandiose Sunday brunch. There is seating outside as well. Our room was clean. The bed was huge. The bathroom was a bit small but clean. We had plenty of towels. All in all this was a fantastic stay and we cannot wait to go back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Lockhart, Texas, United States
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I am the lead organizer of a high school reunion that was held here. I can sum up our experience in 2 words - Super Fantastic! We started organizing about 16 months ahead and several of us made an overnight "recon" meeting at the Inn about a month into our planning. We all fell in love with the Inn, the area, the friendliness - everything. The reunion was billed as being at the right place, during a nice time of the year, and at an excellent price. And with lots of things to do and see for anyone that wanted to come early or stay late and "explore". Every part of our experience with the Inn, in the planning phase and during the actual reunion, was outstanding. As far as I know every one of the 95 people that attended was pleased with their stay - with both the event itself and all of their experiences with the Inn's staff. They were all very friendly and very nice to work with. Once again, 2 words for the whole experience - Super Fantastic!

Room Tip: If you like to "spread out" a bit, the cabana rooms are really nice.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed October 20, 2012

We had a wonderful stay here Oct 13-16. I had read some bad reviews and was concerned untill we checked in. Don't believe the bad reviews. This is a great place to stay. We had one of the remolded rooms and it was nice. We had 2 queens beds so the room seemed full but we managed. The breakfast was really good. Fresh fruit and great pastries as well as bacon, eggs, biscuts and gravy. The courtyard is inviting to sit and visit or sit and read. Very nice big and clean pool. Too cold to swim but would be great in the summer. Wi-Fi was fast no matter what time of day. Everyone was friendly and the girl that cleaned our room was so sweet. We will stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for courtyard room. Much better view.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, TX
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Our large room was very nice. The hotel is in the process of being re-done and one of our friends had a redone room, and it was beautiful! Our handicapped-access room was great if you like lemon yellow walls; the bed was comfortable and ammenities were great! And really, who sees the color of the walls when you are sleeping?? Having the small fridge and microwave in addition to the coffee maker was a big plus! My husband loved the big, flat screen TV. We have stayed here before and certainly will again when we spend the night in Kerrville again. The breakfast buffet was huge and very tasty, as was the lunch buffet when we first arrived. Great value!

Room Tip: Ask for a newly re-done room, if paint color is important to you.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business