My wife and I stayed at the Inn of the Hills over labor day weekend and had a great time. We were celebrating our 25th anniversary. Unfortunately, with 2 kids in college, we couldn't afford the most expensive hotel in Texas, but wanted something memorable.
The Inn of the Hills worked very well. We had stayed her years ago, so we had some idea about what to expect. We were not disappointed. If anything, the hotel is better now than it was before.
We stayed in the best room we could afford. Which means we stayed in the cheapest room available. It was still plenty nice. It had been newly remodeled and was very quaint. I appreciated the rock feature wall, the antique wood ceiling, and the quiet room. We never heard our neighbors, and the bed was exceptionally comfortable. The only downside was the small bathroom, but that is common among hotels of this age. (I asked and the desk says the hotel was built in the 60's)
In the morning, the full breakfast buffet looked very tempting, but we ate at the continental breakfast and found it very adequate.
Everything was clean and attractive. The pool area is especially nice.
They also have a second pool down by the river. I've used it before, but not on this trip. It's a nice pool that has a view and is rarely busy. The river area also has 2 lighted tennis courts, but they were locked up when we checked on them.
Overall, I'd recommend this hotel to just about anybody. Couples will find it memorable. Families will find it a destination all to itself. Others will find it a convenient jumping off point for much of the hill country.
One other plus: Everything you need is within walking distance. That includes several restaurants, a grocery, a Wal-mart, a health club (included with your room) and plenty of recreation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 166 rooms, With native stone architecture and proximity to the beautiful Guadalupe River, the Inn of the Hills is the landmark hotel for the Texas Hill Country. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz and getaroom.com so you can book your Inn of the Hills Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn Of The Hills Hotel Kerrville
- Inn Of The Hills Resort And Conference
- Hotel Of The Hills Conference