“Comforatable bed for a relaxing weekend”

Inn of the Hills Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Kerrville
Reviewed August 11, 2011

A great little short trip from Austin Texas. We went shopping in Fredricksberg Texas and
spent the night at this hotel in Kerrville which was only a 30 minute drive from Fredricksberg.
The bed was so comfortable and while the room was small it was clean and had
a nice little fridge and coffee maker in it. Free Wifi was available.
We enjoyed a nice swim in their large pool and could have enjoyed a great looking
breakfast buffet the next morning but opted to leave out for more shopping.
We did go to a good restaurant right down the street named Mamacita's and enjoyed
a movie at the local theater. Kerrville is a very pleasant and pretty local in the great hill
country of Texas. This hotel will be where we stay when we go back.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
benclawson, General Manager at Inn of the Hills Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2011

Thank you so much for your time to write a review regarding your recent visit to the Inn of the Hills. Kerrville and the is a very relaxing escape from the big cities and as you noted a very short trip away. The hill country is truely one of the hidden gems of Texas. We are pleased that you had a memorable stay and will welcome you back at the Inn of the Hills during your next getaway. Thank you again.

Reviewed July 31, 2011

This hotel had all the amenities you would want. Would be great for family's, couples or events. The pool was clean. There was a basketball court for the kids. We had a room that fronted onto the courtyard where there was tables to sit at and relax. The continental breakfast was excellent and free! The bedding, linens were excellent. My only criticism was that we were in a room that adjoined to another room. This other room was another family not related to us. Their kids were a bit noisy, and kept trying to open the door between the rooms. This, not being any fault of the hotel itself. We paid an excellent price and had an excellent stay. I would venture there again!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
benclawson, General Manager at Inn of the Hills Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2011

We are pleased that your stay met your expectations and that you have taken the time to respond to Trip Advisor to share your positive experience at our hotel.We will share your comments with our staff as a reinforcemat to our commitment to excellence. Thank you again and when you return to Kerrville we will look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed July 26, 2011

This is a real heart-breaker for me because I grew up on the Inn of the Hills. I went to camp in Kerr County back in the '60s and then worked at several boys camps through that decade. Families would line up reservations months in advance because the Inn was always full. The restaurant back then was absolutely the best there was anywhere.

We've tried it off and on throughout the intervening decades, but it just got worse and worse. It literally stayed absolutely frozen in time -- a GREAT place that has been allowed to deteriorate beyond belief. What you read about the rooms, the tennis court, the sidewalks, the pool, the food -- all of it is sadly true. People today simply cannot imagine how wonderful the place used to be.

I feel for the people who complained about the food and the "free" breakfast. The "Swiss" theme in the restaurant just doesn't cut it. Back in the day, it was just a great restaurant and club -- the Angora Club. I wish the new manager all the luck in the world, but to bring the Inn back will take more money -- a LOT more money -- than anybody could reasonably afford to spend. It's all very sad.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
benclawson, General Manager at Inn of the Hills Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2011

We appreciate your patronage over the years and especially your time to write a reveiw about the Inns past history. We purchased the Inn a few years ago and have much appreciation for its heritage and stature in the community. Our company is investing in the major remodeling of the entire property. I appreciate your wishes of my personal success. I have been at the property since mid April but have also been familiar with the hotel for many years. This is a beautiful property and with the improvements underway will be even better than before. I encourage you to visit us again when you are in the area to see the completed project. I am confident you will be impressed. Thank you again for your time and comments.

Reviewed July 24, 2011

Inn of the Hills is in a lovely location, unfortunately, the resort itself is run down, worn and extremely dated. Management refuses to reserve and guarantee room types (I have four small children and require adjoining rooms). My rooms had large quantities of dead bugs on the counters. The pool is shared with the fitness center next door - it is very crowded, not enough chairs or towels for hotel guests and was full of heavily tattooed and pierced patrons that I would've preferred not to expose my children to.

• Stayed: July 2011
benclawson, General Manager at Inn of the Hills Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2011

Thank you for your time to write a reveiw regarding your recent stay. It is our goal to ensure that every guest is satisfied. Unfortunately, we fell short of your expectations. We are undergoing a major renovation of the property. We are very excited and anxiously awaiting the completion of the work. Depending on availability we try our best to ensure that all guest request of a particular room type are handled.. Sometimes request during the summer season are more challenging to accomadate. I was very disturbed and will need to look into the dead insects on the countertop we do have regular extermination of the entire hotel. Yes, our beautiful pool does get quite active this time of year. It is true we have reciprocating priveledges with the nearby Family Sprorts Center. Quite a few of our guest make enjoyable use of the facility. We do have a couple of pick up points for the hotel guest to get pool towels, I will need to investigate as we have a large inventory of those towels. Again, I am very sorry for our failure to meat your expectations and hope you will give us another opportunity to show off our revovated property as well as our "Hill Country Hospitality."

Reviewed July 10, 2011

The Inn of the Hills is essentially an old motel with dreams of being a conference center. I'm sure at one time, when it was new, it was top-of-the line for what it was. However, even with the new renovations, it's pretty bad. The rooms are stuck in 1980. (Even the updated ones, which is where we stayed.) The bed was horribly uncomfortable and yes, the air conditioner makes a crazy noise that woke us up frequently. The room has a little microwave and mini fridge and the fridge was also really loud. The motel property has three pools. We walked to the pool by the river, which was nice. The staff was friendly.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sara78412
benclawson, General Manager at Inn of the Hills Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write a reveiw regarding your recent visit. We are very fortunate to have such a freindly and sincere staff. They represent the true meaning of "Hill Country Hospitality", You mentioned the updated rooms, however, our renovation is not completed at this time. The room type you stayed in was updated from a much earlier project. We are very excited about the new renovations and anxiously awaiting their completion. Again, thank you and we look forward to seeing you again during your next visit to Kerrville.

Reviewed June 28, 2011

I have stayed at the Inn of the Hills several times in the past with my husband. Sometimes the rooms smelled musty and the A/C units were noisy. This time I was traveling by myself, and not having stayed at the Inn for several years, was wary after reading some recent reviews. My stay was fine this time! Though not renovated yet, my two-double-bedded room had no noticeable odor and was very clean. The A/C unit was not particularly noisy either. Used both the convenient microwave and mini refrig. I had the continental breakfast each day and the selections were plentiful and good. Every staff member I encountered was pleasant and kind. I was looking, but really could not find anything to complain about! The place does need updating, but I felt that I got a pretty good value for just under $100 per night. The gym pass to the Family Sports Center next door is the real draw for me. I love to swim laps each morning in the indoor lap pool. The location is also central, and the rooms are off the busy highway. I arrived looking to find lots of flaws, but after my experience, I would return again!

Room Tip: Call the hotel directly to book.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
benclawson, General Manager at Inn of the Hills Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2011

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your recent visit to the Inn of the Hills. We are delighted the service you received was outstanding and your visit was memorable. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back for a longer visit. Again, thank you. Kind regards.

Reviewed June 1, 2011

Nice pool area. Funky German atmosphere. Updated rooms were nice, although I bet the older rooms were may not be so pleasant. It's an upgraded Howard Johnsons, I would say. It does show it's age like it's in 1970 in some areas, but for $99 a night, it may be the nicest and best deal in the area.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
benclawson, General Manager at Inn of the Hills Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2011

Thank you for the reveiw of our property and your time with us. We are always glad to hear about our efforts. We are in process of renovating the property and our guestrooms. Whenever you are back in Kerrville, we hope to see you again and that I would have the opportunity to visit with you personally.