“Testimonial from full service Hotel Executive”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Kerrville
San Antonio, Texas
“Testimonial from full service Hotel Executive”
Reviewed July 1, 2010

I recently booked the Holiday Inn Express thru Expedia for a destination wedding.The weekend was a busy one for Kerrville and availability was tight. Holiday Inn was not my first choice. The signage from Sidney Baker was not the best, small and I passed it first go around. However, I found their front desk staff super friendly at check in and the rooms comfortable, clean and spacious. The breakfast was included with the rate and there were actually healthy choices like fruit, yogurt and hard boiled eggs in addtion to the carb heavy choices. In particular, when I discovered that I had left my favorite bathrobe in the back of the bathroom door and called the next day to ask if the housekeeping staff had turned it in to my delight they reserached and got back in touch with me immediately to let me know that it was located and that they would mail it to me which I have just received. Having worked in the hotel industry myself for high end full service luxury hotels for over 25 years myself, I know what great service is and that this is definitely the type of service that builds loyalty and future room nights. I will not hestitate to recommend the Holiday Inn Express to anyone needing accommodation in Kerrville, TX.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Shernol

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
New Mexico
Reviewed June 14, 2010

We stopped at this hotel on our way to San Antonio. We were driving and decided to stop here rather than drive the extra hour, it was already late. We really enjoyed our stay. The room very nice. Good beds and not as noisy as you would expect from a hotel right on the interstate. When we arrived there were four fawn deer out in the grass in front of the hotel which was great for our daughter. We did not eat at the hotel because there was a Cracker Barrel directly in front of the hotel. We will use this hotel again if the opportunity presents itself again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Austin
Reviewed December 16, 2009

I was pleasantly surprised at my recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Kerrville. I was in Kerrville overnight on business, and the hotel perfectly met my needs. The room was very large, really a suite, with plenty of room to spread out, and it was very clean. The bed was comfortable and the heat was adjustable in the room. There's free wifi, so I could work in the room. The staff was very accommodating and the included breafast was standard fare for this caliber hotel. The hotel is set off the main drag, and the entrance is not terribly well-marked, so it's a little hard to find. However, it's very quiet because it's away from traffic. The workout faciliaties are minimal, with a coulple of treadmills and an elliptical. The pool would be great in warmer weather. I would definitely stay there again if I need to be in Kerrville.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank catleigh
Spicewood, Texas
Reviewed October 9, 2009

Good economical place to stay. Texas shaped pool and the hotel has a nice hot tub to relax in. Pool was way crowded with too many children to enjoy though. Food was ok, cinnammon rolls are always good at the express chain.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
2 Thank raprice
San Diego
Reviewed August 27, 2009

This hotel had all of the simple things that make a hotel great. The decor isn't the hippest, the location isn't ideal, and the breakfast is exactly what you get at any holiday inn, but this hotel has some of the things that really count.

My room was huge with high celings, 2 televisions, a mini-fridge, and the best air conditioner I've ever had at a hotel. The room was so quiet and comfortable, in fact, that I slept better than I normally do at home.

The location isn't ideal as it is not downtown and the few restaurants within walking distance aren't very good. However, the staff is very friendly and kindly directed me to some of the best barbecue I've ever eaten.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
4 Thank rovingthemuck
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed August 7, 2009

I actually loved this place. The room was big, the beds were good, I liked their shower, and It had a cool Texas shaped swimming pool. I also tried out their famous cinnamon rolls at breakfast, and I just loved them. They are really that good. There is one thing I don't like: Their new logo. This Holiday Inn had the old logo that anyone can recognize, but they're changing to a ghastly new one that's hardly recognizable. If I were Holiday Inn. I'd keep the old logo. It looks better. If you agree or disagree with me, please leave a message. Still, a great hotel.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank jameygamer
Austin, Texas
Reviewed July 19, 2009

We had 3 rooms for members of our family this past weekend at this hotel. The rooms were large, the towels fluffy, the beds good with plenty of pillows and an assortment of softness! Everyone on staff was extremely courteous and seemed anxious to make our stay as pleasant as possible. I couldn't have been more pleased with every aspect of our stay.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family