“Much better than similar hotels in Fredericksburg”

Best Western Sunday House Inn
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Kerrville
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We recommend to stay here even if you plan to spend most of your time in Fredericksburg. The drive is only 30 minutes away & worth it. We had booked a 2-night stay at the Super 8 in Fredericksburg, but the room quality was so bad that we left after the 1st night. The price was the same here & was a MUCH better experience. The room was large, clean, & very nicely decorated. The hotel staff were very friendly. We also liked the free full breakfast. Kerrville has many nice restaurants too.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Kelli D, Manager at Best Western Sunday House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Happy to hear that you made a move and came to stay with us while being entertained in Fredericksburg! Hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Hotel room was large and neat. We were able to get 2 rooms side by side on the ground floor with our elderly father. It was perfect for our needs because we were able to park right in front of our doors, making unloading and loading very easy. We thought it was a very fair price, compared with other hotels in the area.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

We always try to meet our guests requests. Glad to know that your stay was enjoyable and had a sense of ease about it! Tell Dad hello for us!

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Staff was courteous and friendly and went out of their way to accommodate my wife's handicap status. The room (127)had a small sill for a bathtub setup with plenty of grab bars to assist her entry and exit.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 21, 2013

The hotel is built on a hill and my room was at the back facing the the lobby. It is built in a square with rooms on both the outside and inside of the property. My room overlooked the pool. since it was built on a hill even though it was on the first floor I was well above the pool and the landscaping was quite beautiful. i would highly recommend this location.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We read the triple AAA book that breakfast was included in rate, well it was but you had to go to the Holiday Inn Express about one block away. Told that internet was secured but it was NOT. Front desk person was not acknowledge of restaurants in area that were open on Sunday. Being a small area we felt that the person should know more about there area.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank WaltL419
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I made reservations online. There was not a room available with 2 queen beds so when we arrived, I inquired as to whether a room with 2 queen beds was now available. Indeed there was and the rate was less. The room was very nice, clean and fresh. Breakfast was included the next morning and it was delicious. The office even provided a free Texas map which really came in handy going home to Houston. The great service really made the trip so much better.

As an extra bonus, the office provided two bottles of water and a snack for our trip home. I would recommend this motel to anyone traveling to Kerrville or the surrounding area.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Joanne T
Reviewed June 15, 2013

I stayed in this hotel 13 years ago and it was not a very pleasant stay. I just got back from a conference and, due to the small number of hotel rooms in Kerrville, got "stuck" with a room at BW. I figured that surely, in 13 years, it couldn't be any worse. How wrong I was!!! The room smelled musty and damp when I walked in. When I went to turn on the AC, I saw mold caked on the inside of the unit. I took my shoes off and stepped onto damp/sticky feeling carpet. (I wore my sandals with my night clothes and put the bathroom rug on the carpet in front of the vanity so I didn't have to stand on the carpet the next morning as I was getting dressed) When I showered, one of the washcloths had mascara residue that apparently didn't wash out when it was laundered...?...
Throughout the night, sounds of glass bottles hitting concrete were the norm.
Room amenities are non-existent, had a coffee maker, 1 small bar of soap and 1 bottle of shampoo. No liner for the ice bucket. Room size was large but other than the bed, your choice for a place to sit was one of two chairs that should have been in an ER waiting room.
You may ask why I didn't ask for another room, complain, or leave? Because there were no rooms available and I was not going to sleep in my car.
Never, never, never again. I will just not go next time if I can't get a room somewhere else.

Room Tip: Book room somewhere else.....