“"Bait and switch" still lives”

Best Western Sunday House Inn
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Kerrville
Kingsville, Texas, United States
“"Bait and switch" still lives”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I requested a room, as advertised, with a fridge and micro-wave and was assured it would be so. When the wife and I arrived, we were told that they did not have any such rooms...but the price stayed the same. When we checked out, another lady asked if we had gotten the fridge and micro-wave. When I told her "No", she said she was so sorry, but they actually had only a few rooms with those amenities.

Room Tip: Try to get a high room number or you will end up by the swimming pool.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Mexico
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Very clean hotel. Pool is in the middle of the hotel and very relaxing. I like the quit environment that was all the time we were in the hotel. Friendly people from BW. Breakfast at the "Santo Coyote Restaurant" (before entring to the hotel) is a plus. Nice breakfast and friendly people too.

Room Tip: Our room was in front of the pool and was an excelent place.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed September 4, 2012

While the hotel staff were very nice, rooms could use an extra blanket or heavier bedspread. The one thin covering had me feeling chilly at night, even with the a/c turned off. Service was slow at the complimentary breakfast - There were 3 complimentary options & I ordered #1 which comes with 2 eggs, bacon or sausage, potatos & toast. I don't eat eggs & needed protein so asked for bacon instead of 2 eggs. Was told this was not possible. So I was served ONE small sausage patty, small serving of potatos & 1 slice of toast. My group of 4 all felt breakfast was skimpy, so we went to Ihop for breakfast the following day. Unacceptable.

Room Tip: Request room away from parking lot
Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank auntjudyjr
Michael L, Manager at Best Western Sunday House Inn, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
I am sorry that we did not meet your breakfast expectations. We receive so many compliments on the hot breakfast each day!
Tyler, Texas
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I have no idea why any hotel would have a room this huge, but it was enjoyable! They called it a King suite, though there was no "suite" to it, just one gigantic room - at least twice the size of any hotel room I've ever had. Our impression was that these large rooms are the only ones they have with microwave and fridge, but not sure if that is really the case.

The property is older but well maintained and all the good reviews you read about friendliness and service are true. TV did not work in our room - we called the front desk and the manager himself came within 5 minutes and quickly figured out how to reset and get it going.

We were there on Labor Day weekend, during which the Kerrville area is host to the Kerrville Wine & Music Festival and also a motorcycle rally of some kind. So the clientele were mostly older folkies and middle aged bikers - I saw very few children. The place was clean and quiet, everything worked, no complaints at all. It would be nice if they replaced the lounge chairs around the pool - I couldn't find one without a cracked seat. But the pool area in general was very nice, shaded by huge live oak trees.

Complimentary breakfast was at the restaurant next door - same efficient, friendly service and a decent breakfast. For $76, easily the best value ever - SO much better than the shabby Super 8 across the street where we stayed last year. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
New Jersey
Reviewed August 23, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is an older hotel that has been updated and overall is a good value for your money. Service is good, breakfast at next door restaurant (included in room rate) was also good.

I will recommend the hotel to friends and family.

• Stayed August 2012
The Staff and I look forward to your return trip to Kerrville!
Pleasanton, Texas
Reviewed August 21, 2012

I was asked by the manager of this place about four days ahead of my trip if I would change my room to a different room, as the hotel had the need to use the original room to a family who was bringing a child to the Lions Camp in Kerrville. The original room had several beds. I had been booked into it, but was traveling alone. Knowing that the Lions Camp was for children with medical conditions, I would have slept in my truck to help the Sunday House help a family in need!
Kelly, the manager is such a kind person that I will make the Best Western Sunday House my choice when in Kerrville.
By the way, Kelly gave me a nicer room that what I originally booked.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
You were a supberb guest and we thank you again for your thoughtful, caring attitude towards our guest and staff!
Plainview, Texas
Reviewed August 19, 2012

The pool area is surrounded by trees and was very clean. Rooms were large and had a small table and chairs. Also had tables and chairs on public balcony area...very peaceful! Breakfast was served in restaurant on premises and was limited but was very filling...something for everyone. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
The courtyard is beautiful year-round and is maintained with great care!