“Nice lunch experience”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed November 15, 2012

I ate lunch here with three friends. Everyone enjoyed their meal. I had the pepper steak (hamburger steak stuffed with jalapenos and cheese)--it was very tasty and had just the right amount of heat. Others at the table had meatlof, fried catfish, and a cheese smothered chicken breast. Each of us was allowed to pick two sides including baked potatoes. The server was very helpful, efficient, and friendly. The restaurant offers a nice view of the river.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Billy Gene's Rest. Is really good food almost the best in Kerr ville Tx. But if you go in a little further to Band era folk's you gotta stop and check this town out. It is beautiful. I lived in Band era for 3 yrs. Then moved to Borne these 2 places are gorgeous. Band era has the Medina river to float through in the summer soooooo relaxing and not even waist deep. Take the kid's summer of 2013 it's not far away and I mean it's gorgeous.

1  Thank Diana C
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Great everyday food. The kind your mother cooked when she cooked. And they do it every day. I've been in at lunch, dinner and ever late at night and found it always good and consistent.

1  Thank V R
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Billy Gene's has a prime riverfront location with a wonderful view from the dining area. The food is very basic and simple with standard American/Texas fare. The day we visited, the only two soups were chili and chicken tortilla which made a meatless choice impossible. The turkey sandwich was a little less exciting than I would have made at home. The food we had was fine and reasonably priced. If you want simple and a great view, this will work for you.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

If you are traveling across country and find yourself lost in beautiful Kerrville stay lost a lil longer and go eat at Billie Genes !!!!
My daughter and I were traveling to the east coast and decided to make a few detours on our trip......this happen to be the best restaurant stop along the way !!!!!
When we first walked in we were greeted by a tall blonde lady .....very friendly and quickly sat us. Our server was there in no time......
Everything in that place made me feel like I was at a family get together....not one single person seemed annoyed ( which I myself having been in the service industry found that hard to believe) it was like one huge family......and the cooking OMG ....my mouth is watering just thinking about it !!!! Home cooked traditional meals...... I had chicken fried chicken !!!! My daughter had a cheeseburger and said it was the best ever.....and who can help but to stare at the desert case.....they were all calling my name but I could only chose one !!!!! And it was the their peache cobbler. One bite of that brought me right back to my childhood and my moms peach cobbler .
The food was great but what made it an amazing experience was the staff. Even though we were just passing through and strangers to the area I felt like I had lived there for years. The waitress told me she had just moved there recommend some great sights to check on our travels.....recommended the amazing chicken fried chicken. And the blonde that had seated us was actually the manager . She stopped by to ensure everything was great.....and just talked to us....we weren't just a number or a sale to her. She even mentioned she had a daughter close to my daughters age.....actually was telling this to my daughter....my daughter felt special too !!! Hope we can make it back that way cause I'll definetly go back !!!! Thank you everyone at Billie Genes.

1  Thank Blg0204