“Great trip - Loved the park” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park Camp-Resort: Guadalupe River

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kerrville
Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park Camp-Resort: Guadalupe River
houston, texas
“Great trip - Loved the park”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2009

My wife and I stayed at the Guadalupe Resort over Spring Break with our kids. We stayed in the cabins, which were very nice. We had a great time and there are a bunch of activities for the kids (swimming/fishing/game room/playground). The park is so beautifiul with over 50 acres of river frontage but you are close enough to town to be close to other activitiies. We would definitely recommend the park to other families.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
      Location
      Rooms
      Cleanliness

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Houston
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2008

My husband and I have a highly stressful business in Houston Texas. I made Reservations at the Guadalupe River RV Resort based on ther reviews on the web site.We were looking for a nice relaxing week away from the business.First I would say that the park says it is four miles outside of Kerrville but they must mean from downtown because we were still in town .That was a dissapointment to us because we thought it was a little more secluded but yet close to town.When I made reservations two months ahead of time I requested a site that woukd accomodate our 5th wheel. It is 40 ft with four slides. I wanted to make sure it would fit because in alot of the older parks it will not fit.I looked at their online map to make a choice. I was informed that athough I needed to make a reservation I could not reserve a certain space. It was first come first serve. I was okay with that trusting that they would place us in a suitable space. The River does run along side the park but it is not the main body of water.It is a fork which was at that time was not flowing very well. There was alot of dry spots. You would not be able to float on this part of the river.Also I would like to point out that the park has all that it says it has but when looking at the pictures on the web site it gives you a feeling of depth. As soon as you pull into park it is only about 150 yards to the back street. which they call river side and then approx. 75 yards to the river from our space which is #41 . The pools are smaller than the picture portrays and they close up at a certain time with the gates chained and locked.The river saloon is not open every day.I really did not like the fact that people live at the resort.In my opinion it takes away from the vacation feel and they have harsher rules and regulations which is not fair for vacationers.The people in the office are not very helpful in fact when I told them I had a dog she immediately changed her attitude toward us and handed me a paper to fill out completely stating that certain dogs would not be tolerated and would be grounds for exsplusion from the park. I never informed her that I had a mini Schnauzer.When we paid our money and proceded to our space we found that they had put us in a space with full sun. Of course no one really wants to sit in the sun and we could not walk around the back of our RV without falling down the hill. They told us it was full and we could not move because they had no other spaces open.We said okay. This was on a Saturday. On Sunday alot of weekenders left. That left open alot of spaces. We walked and found a space with a nice shade tree.Three days this space stayed empty. On Wednesday we went to see if we could move our RV to the space we liked better and was told no that someone was coming in the next day. And we reminded them of what they told us about reservations.and we were told no that WE COULD NOT MOVE BECAUSE THAT WOULD NOT FIT INTO THE PUZZLE. ????I feel like I am a paying customer just like everyone else. They were rude and not very acomodating. I feel like we were treated unfairly .In our business we understand customer relations and these people are sadly lacking in that area So I would NOT recommend anyone to stay at the Guadalupe River RV Resort.

• Liked — My RV
  • Disliked — Accomdations
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
      Check in / front desk
      Cleanliness
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank Ltuma
drtemple, Owner at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park Camp-Resort: Guadalupe River, responded to this review, September 1, 2008
Disgruntled customer -seems to have brought some of their stress w/them from Houston. I am very sorry that you had a bad experience during your stay. I just want to clarify and correct some of your statements about my resort. To begin with, we are not located on a "fork" of the Guadalupe River, that is the river. Unfortunately , when you arrived, we had not had rain for 7 months, so it was slow flowing, but there is still plenty of water to have fun in. Your site #41 is most accomodating for a 40' Rig. It has a fantastic veiw from the patio, and the Deer gather right behind you. You are totally wrong about our Pet Policy too. We don't discourage dogs, however, we do not allow Rotweilers, Pit Bulls or Chows and Dobermans, as most places don't for liability reasons. We are a Pet Friendly park to responsible pet owners. Site selection and reservations are sometimes hard to correspond. It doesn't usually make sense to the customer, they see a site open and assume that they can have it. But logistically it doesn't work if everyone just picks a site. We would never be able to maximize occupancy if that were the case. You are in a minority with your feelings about Guadalupe, as we have a very high customer rating. I would hope that you would give us another chance to prove to you that we have the highest rated customer service for many miles around. You can call and ask for me anytime, and we can discuss, I'll glady offer another stay at my expense to prove this point, I just wish you would have been professional enough to discuss your problem with me, prior to publishing your dissatisfaction & false statements all over the internet. DTemple,Owner
Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2007

Winter Texans.
Hubby and I booked here by phone, after finding this resort in Woodalls.
Looked it up on-line and read great reviews from other RV'ers. It's rated 9-10 out of ten. One of the best RV resorts in Texas. On the banks of the Guadelupe River.
It sure lived up to the reviews.
Nicely spaced, easily accessable sites, beautifully landscaped. Lovely place to walk or bike ride. Staff is the absolute friendliest and will go out of their way to help with anything.
There was a minor problem with the site we had reserved which was immediately taken care of. Heated pool,hot tub,sauna, video game room,several laundry areas, saloon, nature trail, Club House, 2 pavilions (even a piano in one), etc.etc. - all tastefully decorated for the holidays. Showers, batherooms and laundry immaculate...everything very well kept up. There are also very lovely cabins to rent. We have a 5th Wheel.
Many planned activites to attend if you like. Just on the edge of town,west side of Kerrville. Give Guadelupe River RV Resort a 10 in my book!

Stayed December 2007
Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2007

My husband and I stayed the weekend at the Guadalupe River RV Resort in Kerville Texas in one of their cabins. Everything was clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful. The cabins were right on the guadalupe river and we sat on the back porch and watched the deer each morning. We just went to get away for a peaceful weekend but there is a saloon, a pool, pavillion, and a video game room to enjoy. The cabin was beautiful and fully furnished with dishes and linens. You couldn't ask for more. If you are looking for a nice place to stay and want more than just a hotel room, try this place. I will definately be going back and bringing the kids next time.