“Never knew it was there”

Sake Home Cooking & Sushi Bar
Ranked #29 of 128 Restaurants in Kerrville
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Reviewed July 9, 2017 via mobile

Been staying at Inn of the Hills for years. Decided to try some new restaurants. So sorry we had missed this hidden gem. Awesome meal. Best dumplings we have ever eaten. Waikiki roll was delicious. Hawaiian roll just as good. Eel nigiri melted in my mouth. We rolled out of there vowing to return. Great service as well.

Reviewed June 13, 2017

More then one time! That's how many visits it takes to try everything you want on the menu! I have yet to be disappointed by anything i have tried here! This is a must visit when in Kerrville!

Reviewed May 7, 2017

I liked Sake the second time as much as I did the first.

So what I got this time was their noodles. The noodles were really good, and the chicken was cooked perfectly. I also sampled their California Roll sushi, and I liked it.

I will strongly recommend Sake for lunch or dinner in Kerrvile any day. It's a good choice.

Reviewed April 4, 2017

I came here for dinner, and I actually really enjoyed Saki.

First things first: Our waitress was one of the most friendly waitresses I've ever met. She was very polite and pleasant, and very helpful.

As for the food, it was first-rate for an Asian hole in the wall. My fried rice was a mix of beef and chicken topped with a tempura shrimp, and it was actually really good. There was supposedly truffle oil in it, but said truffle oil was not overpowering, and the food was cooked very well. My father had a spicy chicken dish, and that was good as well. One of my other favorites is the avocado sushi, which was really good.

I can definitely recommend Sake for Japanese/Asian food in the Texas Hill Country. The staff is nice, and the place is warm.

Reviewed March 20, 2017

When we first dined here they made their own noodles and the quality of the food was goof. Service was quick and friendly.No more home noodles and the quality is slipping. Very sad. We need more good restaurants in Kerrville.