“Quality is slipping.....”

Sake Home Cooking & Sushi Bar
Ranked #29 of 128 Restaurants in Kerrville
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Reviewed March 20, 2017

When we first dined here they made their own noodles and the quality of the food was goof. Service was quick and friendly.No more home noodles and the quality is slipping. Very sad. We need more good restaurants in Kerrville.

Reviewed March 19, 2017 via mobile

I love this place good food solid sushi restaurant. If you want good sushi you need to come here! This is a smaller place but has good service and is not to pricey.

Reviewed January 26, 2017

We had a mission in Kerrville and decided to go by Sake. It had been a while since we had been there and it was lights out! Duke is behind the sushi counter and he is gifted. There is a new menu and hand cut noodles. How often do you see that in a country town? Forget the strip mall, forget the fried rice on the menu and go to the soul of Japanese food and you will love it. The other bits keep the cash register going and that is what is needed to cover the deep Japanese soul of this establishment. You would want Lila to look after you. She is switched on. Upgrade to the best hot sake and you will be pleased.

Reviewed January 10, 2017 via mobile

My wife and I went here on a whim, as a little background I grew up in Kerrville and know how hard it is for restaurants to stick around. I have spent about a year in Okinawa Japan and can honestly say that although it us hard to fully duplicate the culture this place does an excellent job. The staff is totally knowledgeable about the food and also the drinks, what surprised me the most was the staff knowledge of the sake menu. These are great people making some of the best food I have had since I was over seas. Our service was impeccable by a waitress named Mikaela, who had an extensive knowledge of the menu and also of the preperation techniques. We will definitely be going back to Sake soon. I hope you all enjoy!

Reviewed October 12, 2016

This was my 2nd time to eat at Sake. Both times the food was delicious! I was alone and sat at the bar both visits, and the owner, Shawn An, did not even acknowledge my presence either time.
The hostess was extremely warm and greeted me promptly. I let her know that the owner was lucky to have her as an employee, as he himself was very unfriendly, as was his sushi chef.
The food came quickly, and the presentation of the meal was excellent.

1  Thank egrant71