WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Americas Best Value Inn

Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #14 of 14 Hotels in Kerrville
Texas
“Nice people, Just a room”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

We paid for, and got, just a room. It was older and smelled faintly of smoke, though it was a non smoking room. The bed was fine for a couple of tired people. The breakfast area is tiny and in another building away from the rooms. There are two or three tables. We had to do a juggling act to get the food back to our room. The cereal and danishes were average and fine. The coffee was really bad, and I'm not picky or looking for Starbucks quality. The front desk staff were nice and easy to deal with. This is a place to stay if you are on a really tight budget. Otherwise, there are several much nicer places to stay in Kerrville.

Room Tip: This is a motel with doors that open to the outside. I felt safer on the second floor.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank TexasBeachgoer1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2012

This motel is great! The staff is very helpful and I highly recommend this. The price is great, rooms are clean and a I would plan to stay here when I come back to beautiful Kerrville. I was relocated to another room after mentioning there wasn't a microwave or refrigerator in the room they gave me. I'm sure it was just an oversight or remodeling issue. The transfer to another room was an easy process due to the generosity of the staff. I highly recommend this place to anyone passing through Kerrville. Great staff and peaceful staying. They don't treat you like a number here.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank 164Logan164
Goliad, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2012

This hotel/motel is conveniently located off of IH-10 and Tx.St.Hwy.16 in Kerrville, Texas. The owners/employees are very pleasant to deal with. I required a firm mattress and they gave me what I requested. I felt very relaxed and secure while staying here. My length of time at this hotel/motel was 6 months. I would suggest this hotel/motel to anyone that requires a convenient rate and accessability to restaurants and shopping. Managers - Steve and Leita, husband and wife, are wonderful people. Thank you all for the great visit - Carolyn Shelton

Room Tip: They conveniently have non-smoking rooms grouped together and smoking room grouped together.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Carolyn S
San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2011

DId a bid on Hotwire for a good rate for the "2 Star" hotels in Kerrville. When I found out I got this hotel I was a bit worried because of things I had heard. Unfortunately it was true. We walked in to a room that smelled like urine, had a huge pee stain on the bed that look like it was just covered up with the comforter and to top it off had a roach trap underneath the sink. The lady up front was nice about it and offered another room but after that experience I would not stay there at all. Its pretty cheap but soo not worth it. Please spend an exdtra 20 dollars to stay somewhere else.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Kerrville hotels

Odessa, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2011

We needed a place to sleep after driving on the interstate. This place was cheap and clean. Didn't stay for the breakfast. Good fridge, microwave, and flat screen tv. I would stay here again!

• Stayed June 2011
1 Thank enriquezusmc
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2010

The couple working there were not pleasant or helpful in any way. They were extremely rude when checking in. The room was noisy could not get a good sleep, there was a lot of vehicle & people traffic, room doors & vehicle doors opening and closing CONTINUOUSLY, there were people/children running through the parking to the adjacent properties, definitely not a safe location for you or your vehicle. My vehicle alarm went off at 1:00 AM, when I looked at the window there was a truck running next to it, that s l o w l y backed away then drove away without lights. I have no idea if they were trying to rob my vehicle. There was a person upstairs that was continuously opening & closing the room door. Could not get rest/sleep. No one was in the office during the night. We just left by 2 AM, it was a horrible experience. To top it off, there is a ice machine right outside the office, we got ice out of it and there was some type of critter (animal) droppin in one of the ice cubes!!!! The next day when I mentioned it to the Manager, he was RUDE and basically called me a liar, when I told him about the problem with their ice machine. He said that was impossible! I was only informing him there was a problem with that machine. Ice machine is outside, so it is always a possibility. He said he would get back to me, it's been 16 days & I have not heard back, until I contact corporate guest relations, and the just wrote theirs lies.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Houston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2010

This hotel is great. Low prices, great bed and espically enjoyed the heating unit in the bathroom. It was heaven. Service was great. Desk Clerk was nice and pleasant. Was impressed with the mini fridge, microwave and coffee maker in the room. Also hair dryer was included. It was clean and very spacious. Enjoyed the continental breakfast the following morning. We will definately come back when we are in area. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
mgrabvikerrville, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, March 22, 2010
On behalf of all the staff, i would like to thank you for choosing our hotel for your lodging requirements in kerrville. We hope to see you soon, and again thank you for staying with us.