“B&B PERFECTION! They thought of everything!”

and 1 more site!
Trail's End Guest House
Reviewed May 23, 2010

We stayed a single night at the Trail's End guest house, and it was FANTASTIC! We stayed in the Tuscan Barn Room. The trip from Fredericksburg took about 25 mins and after following the very detailed directions provided by the innkeeper (emailed to me a week ahead of time) we arrived and followed the little boardwalk path that lead to the door to our private sunroom, which opened into a private courtyard. There is a lovely pool area with a fantastic view looking down over the valley. There was a two person jacuzzi tub we enjoyed very much. I have never been to a B&B where more thought was put into everything for the guest's comfort and enjoyment. They thought of everything, from DVDs, books, and magazines, to a full complement of plates, glasses, wine glasses, utensils and basic barbecue gear (For use with the grill in our courtyard) to plenty of TOP NOTCH coffee, cream and sugar with large homey coffee mugs. We made four pots of coffee while we were there it was so good. There was insect repellant on a shelf outside (which we didn't need but you are in the woods), and they even had Q-Tips in the bathroom! (Something I never remember to pack.) Breakfast was served in our sunroom right on time and was plentiful, with freshly baked egg casserole, some kind of yummy toast with whipped cream cheese and honey, and a variety of other things. This place is worth the trip. They even let me borrow a book I started to take home with me and trusted me to mail it back. Give this place a try, you will be satisfied. Fun and Romantic!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 12, 2010

Me and my boyfriend have nothing bad to say about Trail's End and the couple, David and Desiree, who runs it. My deciding factor for picking this bed and breakfast for my birthday weekend was the view of the hills and valleys, which left me in awe...the pictures on the website does it no justice. Our room was nice and clean. Unlike traditional bed and breakfasts where everyone stays in one building and eat in a common area, here you have your own space and private entrance. We didnt get to tour the grounds as much as I would have liked but I was pleased by what I did see. Our delicious breakfast was brought to our room. David cooked lamb, roasted carrots, cheese soufflés, and a yummy pastry/cheesecake/cinnamon roll mixture that I could've ate all day. David and Desiree were so helpful and kind to us. I can't thank them enough for envisioning this place and we WILL be back, hopefully sooner than later!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 30, 2009

We've been to Trail's End twice now; once in September and once just a couple weeks ago. The accomodations are beautiful, as is the location. The breakfasts are absolutely gourmet and are not your typical B&B fare. When you stay there be sure to make an evening reservation for "Peasants," their small restaurant serving tapas. Again, the host/chef is top notch, serving scrumptious variety of local and seasonal dishes. I can't say enough about this place!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 24, 2009

This B&B was amazing! We both loved how unique it was! If you want a place that is around the action of a town and have contact wiht a lot of other people, then this place is NOT for you! It is so private and secluded. We stayed in the Tuscan Barn and I extremely impressed! Everything was clean, effecient, the owners were so accomidating and nice (and professional). The jetted tub was amazing, everything worked, there were trails to hike on, b-b-que pits to grill on, a wonderful with a breathtaking view! The breakfast was one of the best I have ever had! It was delicious and they gave you MORE than enough! It was very reasonably priced, as well! We will definitely be going back here---very soon, I hope!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 27, 2009

This place is amazing. It's reasonably priced, the breakfasts are so good and filling you won't want lunch, and the privacy of the rooms (with jacuzzi tubs!) is unusual for b&b's. The only drawback is the town: Kerrville isn't my favorite hill country town to visit, but it's close enough to Lost Maples, Fredericksburg, etc. We rarely left the grounds though because the room was so comfortable and the acres around the place are so pretty, although there isn't a trail through the grounds yet, so you're pretty much exploring on your own, which was fun. Definitely a great place for couples and for those who like the idea of B&B's - the homeyness, the good breakfasts and the non-chain atmosphere - but don't want to spend a ton of time with the hosts and prefer breakfast in the room to eating with strangers.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 13, 2008

We stayed (just a a couple - no kids) at the Trail's End Guest House in Kerrville for 3 nights. We were greeted with friendly staff, including probably the best dog ever! We never did run into the owners, though.

The place is located on top of a hill with a great view. We stayed in the Southwest room. We had a double-jacuzzi tub with a showerhead (no stand-up shower). The room was clean. The towels plentiful, and the linens cozy. A couple of things to consider that hotels normally provide, but this place did not was a blow dryer and hair conditioner.

The breakfast was enough for 4 people. It was served every day around 8:30. It always included some exotic meat (buffalo, lamb, chirizo), an egg dish, a vegetable dish, apple juice and dessert. Yes, for breakfast! It's a great way to try a new food.

I thought for the price we paid, the value was pretty good since the bountiful breakfast was included. We had goats in view of our balcony. We walked around a little bit, but not too much as the landscaping is natural and pretty thick. It appears that they are continuing to work on/add to their place as we saw pipes, lumber, etc. lying nearby. They've built a beautiful little eating area with a great view that we peeked in at. The pool was not open when we went, although the temperatures were in the 90's, but the owner did explain that they didn't think it would be when I inquired about it.

Kerrville is a good home base if you don't want to spend the prices to stay in Fredricksburg and you plan on going to other nearby towns such as Comfort, Medina or Lost Maples.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank patticakesTemple_TX
Reviewed October 20, 2006

We recently stayed at the Trail's End Guest House while we were on a small tour around Texas, and we were not disappointed. The owners were delightful and really made us feel at home, and from the bottle of wine to the freshly baked cookies, everything was spot on.

The location is quite out of the way but was exactly what we were after - loads of peace and quiet and a chance to sit out at night and watch the stars come out. And there are plenty!

The room we were in was the Southwest Room (there are several different rooms) and it was great - really well equipped with everything we needed, including a hot tub and full kitchen.

We really enjoyed staying here and exploring the local area. This is when we finally left after eating the huge delicious breakfast that Dave prepared for us each day. Fantastic.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple