“Just an Okay Stay”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Kerrville
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Kerrville
Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

My husband booked this hotel, $150 a night seemed a bit pricey for this hotel, maybe it's the free breakfast that makes it pricey. The rooms were clean and well kept. Front desk staff was very friendly. I don't have any negative comments about this hotel, other than the price. It was just an okay stay at an okay hotel. Nothing special here.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites Kerrville

Reviewed May 1, 2014

I stayed here for a meeting. Check in was great, I arrived an hour and half before check in as my meeting started at check in and the desk clerk went and made sure my room was ready so I could check in. They must have been busy as it seemed every room on the floor I was on was being cleaned and a pile of dirty towels and bed sheets outside my room door, however my room was ready - clean and cool.

Hotel room had a built in desk and a bit smaller TV than most La Quinta's but was fine for the room. Besides a desk chair the room had a second chair as well. Bed was very comfortable.

Breakfast was good the two days I ate there. Of course the waffles! Sausage, eggs, sweet rolls, toast and cereal was also available.

Staff was friendly and the maid was great. I had left a note just to empty the trash and instead my bed was made and towels changed out - cool!

I skipped breakfast the last day as there was a team (Baseball maybe?) there. I saw the bus pull up the night before and every table was taken by the team so I just skipped it rather than try to find a place to eat. Not the hotels fault.

If we return to the area next year for our meeting I will be sure and stay here!

Room Tip: Top floor. I was on the second and it sounded like a herd of cattle at times in the room above me t...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
Kingsville, Texas
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Enjoyed stay at this hotel! Staff very helpful and very friendly. I like the location of hotel close to many restaurants. The indoor pool was very nice. Breakfast was ok, it was a full breakfast. I loved the waffles! We stayed only one night in a king size bed with a pull out couch. The only thing wrong with this hotel is that it is on a very busy street .

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 21, 2014

La Quinta's are always a nice place to stay. This location was no different. Have no complaints. Was not really there long enough to determine if svcs., etc. were exceptional or not exceptional. But we would stay there again, if needed.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Stayed here with a group of people and everything very good. Bed was great, room smelled good. WiFi was NOT good, but did manage to connect. There was a dog in the room across the hall that liked to bark when ever anyone walked by. Breakfast was below the chains standard. All in all probably would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 31, 2014

My stay at La Quinta was a very positive experience. The staff was very accommodating and friendly and the room was large and very clean. The bed was comfortable which made for a good night of sleep! I would certainly recommend this hotel to family and friends.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Betty M
Reviewed March 30, 2014

After reading some other reviews on Trip Advisor, this seemed like the best alternative for our stay. To my husband and myself, the accommodations were adequate, but nothing special. It was basic and clean.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple