“OK Hotel Needing Vaccuming in the Rooms”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Kerrville
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Kerrville
Reviewed September 8, 2011

This hotel is a basic La Quinta with very cheap construction. The hotel was fairly clean but the carpet in the rooms needed a deep cleaning. My children found hair, finger nail clippings and sunflower seeds on the carpet in our room which really creeped me out. The walls are thin, the linens are very cheap and the beds are not comfortable. This hotel is one of the few places near Kerrville that accept dogs so I have to give them an average rating even with the dirty room carpet and cheap linens. Everyone was accomadating.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank NTXRunningGirl

Reviewed August 27, 2011

This hotel is easy to find and the place is beautiful. My room was clean and very nice, I love the hardwood floors. Great shower pressure, which is a big deal to me. The front desk staff were so nice and helpful and I was able to sign up for their rewards program. I also love the fact that they allow pets. I did not bring my small dog this time, but I travel here alone once a month and it would be nice to have my small dog along for company. I would recommend staying here to anyone. It is nice, quiet and 100% smoke free which is a huge plus!!! The bed is very comfortable as well. I feel right at home here.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed June 11, 2011

It's June in Texas and the room did not cool off till four in the morning.

• Stayed: June 2011
2  Thank hollya9
Reviewed February 12, 2011

The website says it is, the sign in front says it is, but the little piece of paper on the door to the pool says it is closed for remodeling. At checkout, the manager said we could have gone somewhere else if we wanted a pool without a cancellation penalty. Nice, since we booked months in advance and arrived at 8 pm after a long drive. So no pool/spa for us the 3 days we were there. Although we did get to watch the Packers win the Super Bowl on our little TV in the room (they reserved the big screen in the breakfast area for the high school kids staying)

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank madwisctraveler
Reviewed January 1, 2011

The lady at check in was very pleasant at our arrival, she assigned us a room on the second floor. To our surprise we literally had to jump over contruction material and debris in order to make it to our room. There were two workers on that floor and the material was laid out everywhere. Once we get to our room, the smoke detector was beeping and I requested a second room. The front desk clerk, moved us a few doors down but it seems that multiple smoke detectors were beeping on the second floor and could be heard from just about every room.
She moved us for a third time into a third room. The noise level all night was unbeleivable and surpases any normal noise you usually get with a hotel stay. There is about a half inch space between the floor and the main door to the room. So light and noise is not filtered out. I love La Quinta and only stay at La Quinta hotels. However, this was the worst stay I have ever had and I will never be returning to the La Quinta at Kerville.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank love_to_travel123_11
Reviewed September 27, 2010

We stopped in Kerrville looking for a room for the night without a reservation. Our first choice was not available so we decided to check with La Quinta. We were greeted with a smile, told there was a room available and within minutes we were checked in. The room turned out to be very clean and comfortable. Our only problem was with the continental breakfast. I misunderstood the time and we arrived a few minutes late, just as the staff was almost thru putting away the food. We had time to get cereal and a cup of coffee before it was taken away too. There are different hours during the week and the weekend but I didn't think three minutes would make such a difference. I would still give this hotel high marks for cost, comfort and cleanliness.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank er917
Reviewed July 19, 2010

After refusing to stay at another motel in town, we found the La Quinta and very happy they had a room. Over all it is a "Average" across the board (no frills), just your basic motel.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple