“This place has potential, but it was such a disappointment.”

Branding Iron Grill
Ranked #54 of 118 Restaurants in Kerrville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Corpus Christi, Texas
“This place has potential, but it was such a disappointment.”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

This restaurant is located in the YO Hotel. You enter an impressive lobby, with a true ranch feel. We went on a Saturday night and found the place mostly empty. The few patrons there were 60+ years old. Already, I don't get a good feeling. They offered a "Seafood Buffet" and I was not to be fooled by that again, after the experience in South Padre a few months ago. The seafood buffet is fine if you like fried fish. Glad I checked it out before choosing. When my husband asked if they had Chianti, the waitress asked if that was a beer. The only wines they serve are "house" wines (Beringer). Yes, it keeps getting worse. Their menu is steak-heavy, so I figured this is their specialty and we couldn't go wrong. Wrong again. We started with Calamari. I'm not sure what they served us, but it was not recognizable as Calamari. It was awful. The steak I ordered was the second worst steak I've ever been served, topped only by Applebee's! My husband was equally disappointed. I will say that the salad, bread, and vegetables were good. I am not encouraged to return. The only plus could have been the lovely outdoor pool with swim up bar, except the pool is drained and under construction.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank IloveTX

Oceanside, CA
“Great Menu - Delicious Food”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

My husband and I have stayed at the YO Hotel two years in a row and love this place. We are totally amazed that the food is consistently good. We usually have breakfast and dinner there and find their menu has lots of good choices and the food is delicious. For dinner they have half portions of their regular dinners and it is the perfect amount of food for our small appetites. The salad bar that comes with the dinners is so fresh and everything looks wonderful. I had the chicken tortilla soup this time with my salad bar and it was very tasty. The chicken fried steak is one of the best I have had. They have a good crowd for their lunch buffets but I have to say their dinners are wonderful.

• Visited November 2012
Austin, Texas
“Lunch and Brunch”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Very good value during a weekday lunch hour; The very same selection on Mother's Day is totally overpriced.

Visited May 2012
Tamarindo, Costa Rica
“Wonderful as always!”
Reviewed March 7, 2012

I usually go to the Branding Iron for lunch but thought I'd try dinner there. The salad bar is still wonderful, fresh and tons of choices as well as two kinds of soup with toppings you can add. The meal was hot fresh and quickly served. Waitress was attentive and sweet. Great job!

• Visited March 2012
San An
“Awful experience from start to finish”
Reviewed April 26, 2011

This restaurant is in the lobby of the YO Ranch Hotel, and I hope the hotel has better service and quality than their restaurant. Where to start about such a bad experience? Went Saturday just before 11AM just as they were starting to break down the breakfast bar. No offer to hold off for even a few minutes for us to fill plates. And not one of the 3 people who told us breakfast was over was polite about it. We then made a very bad decision to stay for the sandwich bar for lunch. After about 10 minutes sitting we got a waitress who was obviously put out that we had interrupted her break, and punished us for it the rest of meal. Bad was now getting worse, but we didn't know what bad was until the sandwich bar was laid out. The bread was from Walmart, literally. I know because it was still in the plastic sleeve. Classy. And there was one choice of bread type. Not even white and wheat, much less the three or four or five kinds of bread you get a real sandwich bar. I guess Walmart doesn't carry Rye, Pumpernickel, or Sourdough. The cold cuts were standard tasteless discount offerings probably from Wally World also, but at least they weren't in the original packaging. All three of them. I guess three is better than one. Oh, I almost forgot the soups. The beef soup was greasy, and the Red Bean Soup had rubber sausage so tough it was inedible. And if anyone from the YO is reading this, at least put out a couple of cookies or a brownie on a sandwich bar to finish off a casual lunch. Even if they're from Wal Mart too.

• Visited April 2011