“Finger lickin' good chicken - and more”
Review of Chicken Express

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Chicken Express
Ranked #80 of 121 Restaurants in Kerrville
Reviewed October 16, 2013

This restaurant has only been open a few months and it was recommended to us for a quick meal. We found it clean and the staff welcoming, but of course the food is what you want to hear about.

Only downside is that their chicken only comes one way - fried. You can have it in many ways, strips, fingers, multi-pieces, etc., but all fried. That's their specialty. They have a number of side dishes and the cole slaw is excellent. We tried their "basket" combo and for $5.98 got three chicken fingers, a side, a homemade roll and a drink. It also came with a small container of gravy. I was impressed that the size of the sides was about twice the size of those from "the Colonel". The chicken was moist on the outside with a crunchy-crisp coating.

We were told this is a chain that is adding new locations across Texas. We wish them well. Personally, my only recommendation would be to add just one menu item that isn't fried. Try it.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

I do not know why, but I "tasted" the fried chicken for 24 hours, even after I ate other food. Is their grease fresh? I am not going back.