“Most Overrated Spot In Town!”
Review of Mamacita's

Mamacita's
Ranked #3 of 127 Restaurants in Kerrville
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 26, 2012

We live here so I feel comfortable saying that good dining spots in Kerrville are a bit scarce. Twenty years ago Mamacita’s used to be a great place. Good food, fast friendly service, fair price and good portions. When they built the new building several; years ago they started off strong. Unfortunately it has been slipping continuously for the past couple of years, to the point where we will no longer dine there. Food tastes no better than average, portions have shrunk, service is average at very best. The quality of wait staff is appallingly low. Some look more suited to performing home invasions than waiting tables. Sad to see this landmark in decline. If one good Mexican restaurant ever opens in Kerrville I predict Mamacita’s will vanish.

1  Thank C C

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Food is mediocre at best. The chicken is out of a can.We only eat here because it is slim pickins in Kerrville. Tonight took the cake,,,the waitress brings a child menu to my 5 year old. We ordered her dinner and when she was done eating I told her that she could have ice cream which was listed on the menu for 99 cents. The waitress came over and when i asked for the ice cream she said that we would have to get it ourselves. I was surprised...What do you mean? It is right here on the kids menu, but i cant order it I have to go and get it? I wasnt thrilled about leaving the table with our eight dinner guests so I asked for the manager. I was sure that the waitress was incorrect. The manager explained that at the other 5 restaurants it was served, but here we would need to get it. Our table was in eyesight of the door that you go in to get the ice cream so I gave my daughter $1.25 and told her to go in and get it. She came back out without the money and said that she needed another dollar. I went in and the woman says "yes its $2.11" I said "it is right here on the menu for .99" She looked at the menu as if she had never seen it. " No mam its always been $2.11" I had her call the same manager who now tells me that not only do I have to get the ice cream at this restaurant, but yes it is $2.11. No mention of that in the earlier conversation. I said , ok no problem...Ill take it out of the waitress' tip....s(she was an awful waitress anyhow). He just stands there. Wouldnt a good manager throw in a dollar or take a buck off of the bill? I told him that we would never be back...Our bill was over hundred bucks and if he had offered to pay the one dollar the waitress would have received a $20 tip, and could have given him back his dollar. YOU CANT FIX STUPID. Horrible service Horrible management Mediocre food All of the tables are in the middle of the room, no booths Very commercila feel, not personal and not a friendly staff. Had to get out of our seats 4 times to request things and waitress never cam by once to check.

Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

We ate here while on vacation and thoroughly enjoyed. Was a nice cool evening so we were on the patio near the waterfall. Very relaxing. Food good as we're the margaritas. :D

Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

Beautiful inside, good food, great margaritas!!! Great for dinner or lunch!!

One of the larger , nicer Mexican restaurants in TX

Reviewed September 23, 2012

The architecture inside was designed as if you were in a small town and the ceiling has small LED lights that look like twinkling stars; there was even a small moon in the sky. The food was however average at best..I am used to very superior mexican food here in Texas so you can tell it is a chain restaurant.