“Authentic Texas Brisket”

Dickey's Barbecue Pit
Ranked #43 of 127 Restaurants in Kerrville
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Dickey's recently opened in Kerrville, and it has quickly become one of our favorites in the Hill Country. It is a chain, but the quality of the BBQ is better than what you'd expect from a chain. Plus, the staff are very welcoming...unlike other fast food places you'll go to.

Highly recommend the chopped brisket (or sliced) and their sides of okra, green beans, and mustard potato salad.

There's plenty of room for families or couples.

1  Thank Carolinashorty

Reviewed June 26, 2013

The staff great you at the door. The food quality was great! Food was fresh. I had the ribs and pulled pork. Both were tender and flavor wonderful. The okra is prepared fresh with each order. The service was great. The owner came around the dining room checking on all tables. I would recommend this dining option to anyone in the area.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

This restaurant had THE best crab rangoons any person would ever want to taste. I love chinese food and have felt this way long before moving to Kerrville. Having grown up down the block from a large Asian market which offered an extreme variety of freshly prepared food from many regions in Asia, I was very happy to find China Inn. Their dishes included ingredients that had that taste for me. Always fresh and always worth the price. Sadly, this town values price over quality and 'just fine' may just be 'just fine enough for the price' but if ever someone wants a good meal from a chef who cares for his food and a hostess that cares for her customers then I highly recommend China Inn....if it is still open. It may have closed down do to cheap and poorly-educated palates.

1  Thank mmmfoodforme
Reviewed January 9, 2013

This is another fave for lunch. They have a very reasonably priced lunch menu of soup, entre with rice, tea, and a cookie. They have never let me down.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

The food is good but extremely over-priced. It is almost double any other chinese restaurant in town. Not only that, I have never in my life had to pay for the crispy noodles they give you with your soup. I have been in chinese restaurants all over the country and have never had to pay for the noodles. It's a wonder they don't charge for water or to use the ladies room.. No wonder their parking lot is always empty. Yet they can afford to close down for two weeks or more for the christmas holidays. I will never go there again. I eat out a lot and I have friends and family that come out to visit me and I will never take them there.