“Poor Judgement”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I have eaten here a couple of times.....once for breakfast and once for lunch...I found it a bit pricey for a place with no ambivance at all.....decent cooking....but a bit much....what bothered me the most was when I went for lunch they had a delicious corn chowder....I asked for the recipe and was told no....I have gotten recipes from major restaurants in the area and it bothered me to find this little non-decript place refusing as if I was gonna cost them business.....as it was I did.......I will not go back there again....had they given me the recipe I would have gone back but I won't now........the breakfasts are probably fresh but the burgers are not........the salad bar is also sparse.....not much to choose from and not very fresh......not worth the money.........the wait staff is attentive.......they don't take the payment at the table which is a problem for me since I have breathing issues and a cane....you have to go to the register to pay which is near the kitchen....not near the door......it is only open till early afternoon.....

Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

Excellent service and food. I had the western omelet with hash browns and biscuits and gravy. All were excellent with hash browns slightly crispy and biscuits soft and moist with thick gravy. Also had the delicious flapjacks which are as big as the plate and made with honey, oatmeal and cinnamon.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

When you just want good basic food served quickly by very friendly efficient waitresses and at the right price, this is the place to go. Nothing fancy, just efficient. Best food for your buck. I live in this city and have been eating here as long as the current owner has had the place and I've never been disappointed. Can be over full on Sunday mornings when we churchgoers pour in. Best home-made salsa for your your egg dishes to be found. You will come back.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

What a surprising place Save Inn is! You don't think it's much from the outside, and the interior is simply that of a small local diner... but what great food! We love the menu choices... good variety of items and specials. You can order breakfast or lunch anytime. The food is delicious and the staff are really good/friendly. You can tell that the locals love it... and we do, too. it's a favorite stop in Kerrville.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

pot roast is to die for, the lunch specials are typical of dinner food. BUt the quality of the food is like nowhere else