“Average At Best”

Add it.
Valentinos
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed January 22, 2014

We heard this place was voted best Italian food in Kerrville. Makes me wonder if there are any other Italian places in the town. Could be that as we're Italian and know the "real deal" this place didn't measure up. My husband had spaghetti and meat balls. The pasta was way over done and dried out. Tasted like they held the pasta in warm water and didn't cook it to order. The sauce was very lacking and pretty tasteless. The meatballs didn't taste like anything grandma ever made. I had their special which was pasta with sausage, ham, olives, in a wine sauce. It tasted very sour. Not like any wine sauce I've had anywhere else. They ran out of large spoons so we were told we couldn't twirl with them until they washed some more. Like I said, we're Italian, and we don't need a spoon to twirl, we can do it very nicely thank you with a fork.. We did notice that others were having a real problem. My salad was sub par at best. It was some lettuce with a few pieces of shredded carrots and some small dollops of their salad dressing that was awful. My dinner at $15 was about $5 overpriced. The rolls were good though. If you're in the area and want Italian food and you're not Italian give it a try. If you're Italian, skip this place and grab a burger someplace, you'll be much happier. Oh, the service was lousy too.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

This is a very nice Italian restaurant in a casual setting. The food is very good in the northern Italian style. Valentinos has been voted the best Italian food and best Pizza in Kerrville 5 years in a row. It's easy to tell why.

1  Thank Mike T
Reviewed September 6, 2013

We go to valentinos all the time atleast once a week. Have always had great food. Never disappointed with the food. Always have had awesome service. 2 of the waiters know us by name and what we are going to order. Our last visit sucked. We got a waitress we have never had. She took for ever just to get our drink order. And than we had to remind her for our drinks. And there were 5 other people in the resturant. She spilt a drink on our table and took my napkin cleaned it up and left the napkin on the table. And I never got a new one. Her additude sucked. She Was everything a waitress is not suppose to be. So we didn't tip. Than she followed us to the parking lot demanding a tip
and harassing my girlfreind and I. We do not plan On Dinning there again.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Great pizza and really nice people. We love to try local places when we travel, and shy away from chain restaurants. This place did not disappoint! Really yummy, dripping with cheese, and we could see the dough being hand-tossed in the back!

Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Very casual Italian dining. Good To Go food I usually get fettuccini Alfredo which is my personal favorite