“Great Hill Country Stay”

Y O Ranch Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Kerrville
Ft Worth, TX
“Great Hill Country Stay”
Reviewed February 20, 2005

What a great place for a long weekend. We needed a road trip and this was our destination. I stayed here over 20 years ago and decided that I would splurge. I was very surprised to find out our room would only cost $69.00 a night. The food at the Branding Iron Grill was marvelous, however, the service was sooooooo sloooooow. There were only about 12 guests in the dining room and it took over 30 minutes to get our order. I was taken aback a little when I looked at the menu and only found a few steak entrees. This is the land of the get along little dogies. Where's the Beef?

Be advised that if you get a room that has a door leading into the room next to you, the rooms are not sound proof. At midnight, the first night we were there the guy next to us decided to watch an adult movie. We could hear every blow by blow scene for an hour. I woke up about 3:00 to someone snoring and it certainly wasn't my wife. The next morning, I listened to a whole phone conversation from the lady next door.

Over all I'd give the place an "A" especially for the price. The room we were in had to be at least as large as a 3 car garage making it one of the largest hotel rooms I've stayed in.

9 Thank JRGreg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 23, 2003

The Y.O. Hotel was incredible! Everything was perfect, the food, the service, the atmosphere. I really recommend the Y.O. Ranch too! It's one of a kind, a must-see!!

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 29, 2003

I've only been there two times, wich were the annual longhorn trailride at mermorial weekend, and i have absoluely no compliants about it. It has been two of the best times of my life, i've met friends and seen alot of people that I have seen the year before. Anyways one of the best places to go on the ranch is the pool that they have there, and for you others that don't want to swim, there is a nice, warm hot-tub that feels good at any time of the day. But the trails, that is the better place to be because if you get lucky, you will be able to see some wild life wich is all over the 40,000 acre ranch. But for you city-slikers, there is a nice lounge that you can stay, listen to music, watch a game of baseball, or football on the t.v., or you can play pool. And word from the wise, there is a washer on a string that you would need to swing onto a hook, bet that another person would not make it, I am not going to tell you why, because its a secret, i've got plenty of drinks from that. So when you want to get away, the Y.O. is the place to go.

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Muleshoe, Tx
Reviewed April 2, 2003

This is the nicest place I have ever stayed at. The grandness of the place is breathtaking. It was so nice, I wish we could go back again...soon!They actually have bath sheets instead of the tiny towels you get at most places.You won't be disappointed with your stay there.

9 Thank cindyb752
Travelers also viewed these Kerrville hotels
Inn of the Hills Hotel & Conference Center
La Quinta Inn & Suites Kerrville
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#8 of 14 in Kerrville

Been to Y O Ranch Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Y O Ranch Hotel & Conference Center

Property: Y O Ranch Hotel & Conference Center
Address: 2033 Sidney Baker St, Kerrville, TX 78028-2532
Location: United States > Texas > Kerrville
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Kerrville
Hotel Class:3 star — Y O Ranch Hotel & Conference Center 3*
Beautiful Western-themed hotel located in heart of Texas Hill Country with full service restaurant & Texas style saloon. Includes 11,000 square feet of meeting space & 190 sleeping rooms. Several styles of rooms with King, 2 Queen Beds, Family room & suites also available. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Y O Ranch Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
y o Ranch Hotel Kerrville