“Disappointed”

Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Kerrville
Dallas TX
“Disappointed”
Reviewed April 10, 2014

Being from Texas, I had heard about this hotel for years. I had expected a really nice place. However, the hotel is very dated, even though you can see that it was nice several years ago. Check-in was really slow because there was only one clerk and he was having to answer the phones, as well. The room was very large. There was a small refrigerator, which was just on the floor, instead of a table. There was no counter space in the entire room, including the bathroom. There was a recliner, which was a nice touch, except that the seat cushion was so dirty, I would not sit in it without a towel over it. The drink machine for our building was out of order. I think that this hotel caters to meetings and other corporate events. Our stay was okay, just not what I expected from this hotel. Probably would not return.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Teresa D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Baytown, TX
Reviewed March 17, 2014

My husband and I stayed one night at the YO Ranch Hotel on our spring break travels. We visited the bar around 9pm. The bar is beautiful! The wooden back of the bar is truly stunning! The bartender told us that it was built in the 1800's in Germany and spent 60 years in Chicago and has been at the YO for 30 years.
The room was average. The next morning, the TV wouldn't turn on. We hadn't tried it the night before, so it was too late to report it and change rooms. Upon checkout, I notified the front desk of the problem with the TV. He said that sometimes the TV is plugged into the plug linked to the light switch on the wall and if the switch is off, the TV won't turn on. That would have been nice to know ahead of time.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank carrie0514
Plano, Texas, United States
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Besides a really nice historical lobby, this is more like a motel than a hotel. The check-in process was uneventful, and I'd say the receptionist was pleasant. We had some plumbing issues, and the receptionist was nice enough to give us an adjacent room for free for that night, in addition to the room with plumbing issues. The next morning, we got a note saying they didn't do room cleaning service since we had "do NOT disturb" sign. So before we left the hotel, we asked front desk for cleaning service. Didn't get it done by the time we came back 8 hours later. This is not a great accommodation just ok. Also, the hot tub was not clean.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Fung C
Houston
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Love the rustic atmosphere and the story that goes with it but the beds are very uncomfortable. The rustic charm is sweet but still needs updated paint and bathrooms to bring more charm to it. All in all a good last minute decision but we lacked sleep on the king bed that sunk to the floor...

1 Thank chappella
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed March 4, 2014

With one of our favorite brand hotels full that would accept pets. We came upon this hotel. Although I think it needs some updating, I thought the beds were comfortable, and the room was clean. There breakfast buffet was decent, offering a variety of different things. And the staff was wonderful!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank TJPJ09
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed February 17, 2014

First, let me say Ive stayed at LOTS of hotels, all over the Caribbean and America. Some were $350 a night others not, but I AM a hotel snob. My husband and I were going down from Ft Worth to work, it also was our 16th anniversary. I found this place on groupon or never would have picked it. I emailed and asked for a suite and fireplace.. I never heard back so I didnt know.. My husband called and ordered champagne and chocolate strawberries as a surprise. The room was HUGE! We had like 4-5 sinks haha and a HUGE living area with awesome fireplace. The lobby is stunning, restaurant amazing as well as beautiful and the property was fantastic as were the people. I can't wait to go back down for work. It was tough working with such incredible facilities!

Room Tip: I dont know a tip everything was perfect for us!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank aginn10
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Once a year my husband and I make it to the hill country for a little R&R! We were extremely please with the comfort, value & friendliness we experienced at Y O Ranch. Dining was fantastic & the Friday evening live entertainment was wonderful.

• Stayed February 2014