“Rustic but still needs updating....”

Y O Ranch Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Kerrville
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Love the rustic atmosphere and the story that goes with it but the beds are very uncomfortable. The rustic charm is sweet but still needs updated paint and bathrooms to bring more charm to it. All in all a good last minute decision but we lacked sleep on the king bed that sunk to the floor...

1  Thank chappella

Reviewed March 4, 2014

With one of our favorite brand hotels full that would accept pets. We came upon this hotel. Although I think it needs some updating, I thought the beds were comfortable, and the room was clean. There breakfast buffet was decent, offering a variety of different things. And the staff was wonderful!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank TJPJ09
Reviewed February 17, 2014

First, let me say Ive stayed at LOTS of hotels, all over the Caribbean and America. Some were $350 a night others not, but I AM a hotel snob. My husband and I were going down from Ft Worth to work, it also was our 16th anniversary. I found this place on groupon or never would have picked it. I emailed and asked for a suite and fireplace.. I never heard back so I didnt know.. My husband called and ordered champagne and chocolate strawberries as a surprise. The room was HUGE! We had like 4-5 sinks haha and a HUGE living area with awesome fireplace. The lobby is stunning, restaurant amazing as well as beautiful and the property was fantastic as were the people. I can't wait to go back down for work. It was tough working with such incredible facilities!

Room Tip: I dont know a tip everything was perfect for us!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank aginn10
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Once a year my husband and I make it to the hill country for a little R&R! We were extremely please with the comfort, value & friendliness we experienced at Y O Ranch. Dining was fantastic & the Friday evening live entertainment was wonderful.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank acheileman
Reviewed February 5, 2014 via mobile

We stayed two different times. First was room without a frig. not every room has a refrigerator. You had better ask if it something you are wanting. As large as the rooms are, it seems there could be an area nearer the table, for the refrigerator.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank BrendanWayne H
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Beds where not comfortable. Hotel needs update badly. The entrance is great but the rest of the hotel not so much. We would not stay there again especially at $100 per night. There are other hotels that had higher rating and I thought maybe the reviewers were being picky. From now on I will believe!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Janice0826
Reviewed January 13, 2014

When I booked this, it was presented to me as Ranch & Resort. Now I see it is called Hotel & Conference Center which is a better description. Imagine my disappointment to find it is neither near a ranch nor is it a resort.

We checked in late and the lobby is as magnificent as the picture, however ... the check-in desk is right next to the bar. The bar was loud, noisy and heavy of cigarette smoke. We were so turned off by the cigarette smell we never made it to the restaurant for any meal or anything else. They had a convention going on and they were loud in the lobby area. Good for conventioneers, bad for regular folks.

This "Hotel" is more like a "Motel" -- it has two floors and no elevator for that second floor room. Small Patios face the car parking areas (or the pool) but you have to walk through a long narrow indoor hall to get to your room.

The rooms all have terra cotta floors. Our room had the AC/Heater butted up against one of the beds and it did not have an Auto Off -- it was either On or Off. We chose Off and were lucky it was mild weather.

There's no place to put your luggage. There's a desk that serves as a table but it was rickety. There are only two available power outlets -- not enough in today's electronic gadget world.

The rooms were big but not smartly thought out: bed against heater, no power outlets, no luggage rack, tiny end table. The wifi, while free is
NOT secured -- big disappointment.

The bathroom's sink faucets needed fixing and updating.

This is right off of I-10, nothing glamorous here except for the easy access to get away.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business