“Good Ol' Texas Hill Country”

Y O Ranch Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Kerrville
Reviewed September 27, 2013

My Daughter treated me to a weekday get away in the heart of the Texas Hill country! My daughter and I stayed at the Y.O. Ranch Hotel&Conference Center in Kerrville. It is very conveniently located, just off Route 16 and I-10 about 65 miles west of San Antonio. It is clean, with a friendly staff and a very good restaurant, The Branding Iron. I had grilled trout which was cooked to perfection! A good salad bar was included in the meal. We also had an excellent breakfast in the same restaurant! The Hill Country is near the Colorado and Llano rivers. Hills in the area offered great vistas of the country side. We drove to Frdericksburg, about a 35 minute drive and walked around the very charming Main St. Many wineries and breweries are operating in the area and lots of samples are offered. A great escape from the big city!! I highly recommend it!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed September 16, 2013

I stayed for my office. My office manager was to pay for everyone's room. I went to check in and the young person behind the counter,insisted I give her a credit card, just for incidental charges. I told her this was fine, but the office was paying for all the rooms and NOT to charge my card for the room. The next day, my card showed that she had charge to total room charge to my card. The office as great at fixing it and called my bank and had the credit put back on my card, which my bank did. I thought all was fine, but 4 days later.....there is the charge again! I called my bank and they gave me a credit and put a hold on any transactions from the hotel.

Room Tip: Don't know what to tell you about a good room. Just try to get a downstair room.....no elevator...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank cowboycapital
Reviewed September 7, 2013

The hotel was clean and had a rustic charm to it. The room we stayed in had only a tile floor throughout. The lobby was neat to look at with many antiques and animals. The hotel has quite a few activities available for a price.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Alexandra E
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My wife and I needed a week to relax, do nothing or do what we like.
Y O ranch seemed perect for this, in the middle of the hill country, nice bar, good restaurant, state park nearby.
We had a great time and came back ready to go to work again.
The only down site was that eventough each room has a patio or a balcony, there is no patio furnature, not even a wooden bench...

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rudolf M
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed here for a long weekend with a Harley group recently, and have done so a number of times over the last 10 years. The hotel is well situated in Kerrville, not in the center of town but close to the interstate and not far from all amenities. It is a really nice facility, with a great lobby, very good restaurant, gift shop and a large pool with a swim-up bar. The rooms are spacious, with tile floors, and the beds are comfortable.

Room Tip: No bad rooms but maybe avoid one looking out to the pool if you want a little more quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 2, 2013

This was my third stay at the YO. A bit quirkly with a lot of dead animals mounted on the walls. Room was large and clean. Food was fine. Recommend chicken fried steak. Breakfast was good but extra. The exercise facility has two stairmasters and one exercise bike. So not a lot but I always had the room to myself. Wifi was very slow, could only use for email. Found the bar was a good place to meet colleagues after work. I didn't use the pool but it looked clean.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Max S
Reviewed August 30, 2013

The place was not bad, the staff was very friendly and helpful. The food was not bad, and the food service wait staff were excellent.

The rooms were very clean, but somewhat dated, this is obviously not a new facility. But again clean. My room stayed cool.

My room door only opened on the first try twice during my stay, so I came to expect that it would take 2 or 3 times to open. And if i failed to remember to catch the door as it was closing, it would slam. Unfortunately for my neighbors I forgot often.

I went around the entire facility attempting to buy a coke from a machine. 1 machine is empty, and I soon figured out why as none of the other coke machines would take my dollar bill, as if the dollar bill receptor was not even on. Not that it would reject the dollar, it would never begin to take it.

Water in shower was luke warm at best, I tried several settings but could not get it like I like it.

From my room on the outside of the facility, there did not appear to be a short way to get to the lobby from my room, it was always a lengthy trip back and forth.

I did view but did not use the fitness facility, which appeared to be a couple of stair climbers and if I remember right 1 bike.

But again, overall clean rooms and nice staff, just a few inconveniences.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business