“If all hotels are booked stay in your car!!”

Y O Ranch Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Kerrville
Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

want to shower and buy new clothes after leaving the property. There is not an inch of this room that's not covered in filth! We brought our dog and I am having a hard time letting her on the floor. I'm itching sitting here typing this in the room now. None of the furniture matches, the decore is dated & shotty and I can't express how nasty dirty the walls, the floors, chairs, bathroom, everything is! NEVER stay here.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank AMBLAZER
johnhelm, Manager at Y O Ranch Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

I am sorry that our hotel did not meet your expectations. We are a western themed hotel. If you had informed us of any issues that you had with our hotel, we would have tried to take care of them immediately.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

After looking up hotels on Expedia,we decided on the YO Resort as they had the best price for the night we were there.The lobby was very large and appeared to be spotless and the lady at the reception desk was friendly.
We opted the room with 2 queen sized beds as we had our 5 year old with us.Our room was clean and the beds were very comfortable.Kudos to housekeeping for doing such a fantastic job.The pool area and hot tub were very clean even if the pool side bar was closed as it was a week night.The only thing that needs improvement here would be their gym.It contained only cardio machines from what I could see.
We thoruoghly enjoyed our stay and would happily return when our travels permit.

Room Tip: Upstair rooms are almost always better!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank crazyiniraq
Reviewed July 30, 2013

This is the authentic Texas cowboy experience; the hotel is grand and gorgeous. Our room was inviting and the staff were all helpful and friendly. The hotel restaurant was outstanding. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ProfDallas
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We were visiting Kerrville/Fredericksburg area and booked our hotel with the Y O Ranch Resort. We called early and told them we would be very late, we ended up getting to the hotel well after midnight. Front Desk was helpful and friendly even with our late/early arrival.

Our room was large, as well the bathroom. It did have a motel feel to it. The bed linens were thin, and not what I was expecting for a "resort." In fact, there were much advertisement for any "resort" features. The only thing we knew they had on site was a saloon. Not into that kind of thing, we stayed away from the saloon. Our stay was comfortable. We did order breakfast in on our check out day, and the food was very good.

If we are in the area again, we would consider staying here.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Maschalismos
Reviewed July 23, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the hotel Saturday night 7/20/13, although many of the comments mention updating, remember this is supposed to be a western themed hotel with an old ranch feel, its not going to be a Restoration Hdwr. decor hotel, or the new cookie cutter hotels across as the fixtures in the bath are an earthtoned color, with stone and old barn wood walls, and Saltillo tiled "rustic" tiled floors. Hallway carpet alittle worn and ready for renewal,but we found the room # 130 clean and fresh and our door worked properly. AC worked great as wife kicked it down to low 60's. We've stayed there many times as well as at the big ranch too. WE will go back as we book online and get a satisfactory room at a good value.

Room Tip: Ground floors some have acccess to parking lot and your car.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Greg R
Reviewed July 23, 2013

The Front Desk staff is very nice and helpful, I loved the decor of the Lobby and even though we didn't use the Pool (in March, still kinda cold) the Pool looked very inviting and somewhere I wouldn't mind hanging out on a nice warm lazy day. The rooms are huge and come with a fridge and microwave. The bathrooms are big but no counter space there is a shelf that runs above the sinks to hold some of your stuff it would have been much nicer to have had counter space. We had a downstairs room where we could park right outside our room with a door to depart your room from but you couldn't enter through that door unless someone was in the room to open it for you or if you left it open to dart out to the car. You had to go inside to enter your room which was no big deal I just felt it worth mentioning if you should get a downstairs room. The Hotel Restaurant was very good and really not all that expensive considering it was in the Hotel and looked very elegant. Great Salad Bar and even better Steak.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Vickie Massey C
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We only stayed here because Inn of the Hills was Booked! To start off with when I called to make my reservation they told me a total price of 252.00 (that was with tax) for joining rooms. We arrived at 4:45pm and when we get to our rooms It took forever to get the worn out keys to work! We get the door open to find one room was not cleaned! The Phones had no Directory in either room on how to call the front desk! I ran into maid service in the hall headed out of the building. None of them spoke English to understand what I was saying. The sheets they put on all beds are regular flat sheets that don't even fit! If you get a King size bed you don't get a comforter just the sheet and thin old wore out blanket! We checked out the next day and were told the rooms were 145 each. So its now 40.00 more than they told me. I told them all our issues with the room and got told "well it was a full house the night before so they were still cleaning rooms when you arrived and we will tell maintenance about the phones" A lot of good that will do us now! And of course I misunderstood the price over the phone! Then I singed the bill to charge my card 145 per room! I Just checked my bank statement and was charged 170.77 PER ROOM! I call and they said they charge that fee until they can check the room to be sure no damages were made and we didn't have a bar tab and I agreed to those charges when I checked in! I told her nobody told me crap about that fee! She said well Most hotels have it! Then why did I sign for a total of 145 per room when I checked out. That fee should never hit a persons bank until they see there were damages!!! I told her "this is the worst hotel I have EVER stayed at and thanks to their ridiculous charges Im stuck waiting on my 50$ they never had the right to take! PLEASE DONT STAY HERE! I recommend ANY hotel or the back seat of your vehicle before staying here!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Lynn_484
johnhelm, General Manager at Y O Ranch Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

I would like to apologize for the poor experience you had at our hotel. Im sorry that there was a misunderstanding about the rate that you were quoted. We normally do not include tax in our quotes.Upon arrival we do authorize the credit card for the amount of the stay and $25.00 for incidentals. We do not charge the card until the guest checks out and then charge the card only the amount used at the hotel. Again I apologize for the poor experience.