“Great for the occassion!”

Y O Ranch Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Kerrville
“Great for the occassion!”
Reviewed September 18, 2012 via mobile

Came for a birthday party gathering. The rooms were comfortable and clean. There was very little people there over this weekend and the bar staff tolerated our silliness and let us have a good time. I really only had two minor complaints which are they need better coffee (Folgers doesn't do it for me cuz I'm a coffee snob) and modern TVs in the saloon....

Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Reviewed September 14, 2012

I stayed here years ago with my parents and remember it as being a great hotel. But we just arrived and the front lobby was very loud and stinky because of the "saloon." Get to our room and open the roll away I paid $10 extra for and the sheets are dirty! Good thing I brought my sons sleeping bag. Then I take off my shoes and immediately notice how gritty the floors are. The bathroom fixtures were old but well maintained. I feel like this place could be great but needs a deep cleaning and an update. Maybe hotel impossible could hit them up!

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Rockinge
san antonio
Reviewed August 29, 2012

I stayed at this hotel August 23, 2012. I really enjoyed the spacious rooms, pool and spa. It was quiet and we had a peaceful night.

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed August 2, 2012

The rooms are gross, dirty and overpriced. I did a walk in with no reservation and was charged $119.00 for one night, not including taxes fees and whatever else they can stick you with. Every thing in the room is from 1970 including the beds, they are hard lumpy and very squeaky, every time I would move just the slightest it would squeak. Although I did not find any signs of bed bugs, there are enough other bugs to make me not want to be there. There were several dead bugs in the room, the floor was dirty, the adjoining room did not have a lock on our side of the door. The door that led to the outside did not latch properly. I was taken in by the word "resort" a resort this is not. There were several other options in the immediate area for less than half the price. Lesson learned.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Momwith2teens
johnhelm, Manager at Y O Ranch Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
While it is difficult to please everyone all the time, we do honor your feedback. We strive to make sure that all of our guests have relaxing and pleasant stays. It was unfortunate that your stay wasn't. Please allow us to make this up to you when you return the the Texas Hill Country. Let me know when you plan to return as I would personally like to meet you, make this up to you and most definitely show you that we can make your next stay most enjoyable.
Austin, Texas
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Nice older rooms. Layout is nice with a view of the pool. Great restaurant on weekdays, but overpriced on Sundays. The bar was not pleasant, and the bartender was rude.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank DoctorJohann
Austin, Texas
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Decades ago, I loved this place. The hotel shows Texas pride in our history and ranching. I just returned from staying several days here and I am not sure that I will again. A friend of mine who has stayed here before brought her own comforter because those in the rooms have not been changed in decades. The room stayed humid no matter how the air conditioner was set. The 1970s decor needs to be updated. Late at night, guests let their children run up and down the halls screaming. This has happened before since this is a family oriented hotel. There are lots of good things about the Y O Hotel, but decor is not one of them. The lobby is fantastic, but needs more seating for the size of the hotel. The pool is great and convenient. I am saddened by the fact that I was embarrassed to bring a friend who was very disappointed in our room.

Room Tip: I have stayed in all buildings on the property over the years and they are much the same.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Barbara J
Texas
Reviewed June 28, 2012

We stayed at the Y O Ranch Resort for business for 5 nights. The room was clean, the bathroom was roomy, the shower was not bad. The restaurant was OK, but VERY overpriced. The bar was adequate, but be warned that smoking is allowed in the bar. We stay at this hotel every year about the same time each year. ONe of the biggest complaints we have every year is that there are VERY few working ice machines on the facility. I say very few WORKING ice machines. There are lots of machines, but only about half of them work. Has been that way for years. AC untis are VERY noisy. I will give a big shout out to one of the maintenance guys who went above and beyond when we have a problem with the TV.
Bottom line - the property is old and needs to be updated. It's nice, but could be GREAT! Skip the restaurant though.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces into the courtyard facing the pool.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank MsPibb
, General Manager at Y O Ranch Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
I appreciate all the comments on the hotel. We are consistently trying to improve our hotel. We are currently replacing the older ice machines with brand new ones. Our lunch buffets have become one of the most popular among the locals in Kerrville. I urge you to come try our lunch buffet.