“The SAUCE is outstanding!!!”
Review of Cal-Bob's Smoke Shack - CLOSED

Cal-Bob's Smoke Shack
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Lincoln, Nebraska
“The SAUCE is outstanding!!!”
Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

I so enjoy great BBQ and Cal-Bob's was a wonderful adventure..... I tried the cilantro coleslaw, smoked red pepper soup (2thumbs up), sausage, pork butt, turkey brisket and ribs..... The ribs stopped me in my tracks - soooo gooooood!!!! But what really got my attention was Cal-Bob's Own Dipping Sauce. Wow wow wow!!!

1 Thank GardenThyme

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best place for BBQ”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

We found this place through trip advisor on our wayback from our vacation in New Mexico traveling on I10. It was the best BBQ I ever had. Really loved the ribs and brisket. I would rate this place better than Rudys. The prices were also very reasonable.

The people, service, food and the overall experience was great.

1 Thank srinichakra
Austin, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food especially the soup”
Reviewed December 24, 2012

Lifetime Texan and every time I go to Kerrville I go to Cal Bobs BBQ but I take home qrts of the smoke bell pepper soup. If your a soup lover like me try it but take some home every time. Each time it is a little different with a rich velvety flavor. Can be frozen.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Mitch B
kerrville tx
“wonderful food !!!!!!!”
Reviewed December 15, 2012

cal bob's is a tough place to eat at! sitting in front of me was an order of ribs and cylantro coleslaw. well, i thought i'd take a quick bite of the slaw and then proceed to the ribs. Ha !!! the coleslaw was stunning ! you heard me,stunning !! i could not stop eating it,in fact my mind hyper focused on it. after many tears i turned aside my empty bowl of slaw and proceeded to man's best friend,the ribs. Wow absolutely the best ribs i have ever had !!! Cal and Carol are sweet host's and their desert's ain't too bad either !!!!! when in kerrville don't make your first mistake,head to cal bob's immediately !!!!!

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank bob l
Kerrville, Texas
“Calbob's is "Smokin"”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Great food, great people, great prices. My favorite is the smoked salmon served only on Friday and Saturday nights with roasted rosemary potatoes and fresh asparagus. For pure comfort, try the roasted red pepper soup.

• Visited December 2012