“Great Food, Great Owner”
Review of Conchita's On Main

Conchita's On Main
Ranked #27 of 119 Restaurants in Kerrville
Cuisines: Mexican, Fusion
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch
“Great Food, Great Owner”
Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

After days of me cooking on our vaca, we decided to take a break & venture into town for a late lunch after a morning fishing on the river. We rode past 2 other restaurants in town before finally deciding this was the spot. Hubs was skeptical by the looks of the place, but coming from a small town, I knew it was worth a shot. This is a perfect location right in downtown, just small. All the better, in my opinion.

I am so glad I stood my ground.

The owner of this place is absolutely passionate about what she is doing & it shows in the the food!!! I had the signature egg rolls (yes, it seemed sketchy at first) and they were amazing!!!! The pablano pepper dish was so good, our nanny tried to force everyone at the table to try a bite, and she is the biggest Mexican food snob I have ever met. The tea was different, but good. Everyone enjoyed their meal & decided this would be a regular stop on our future vacations to Hill Country.

Service was good. But it was after the lunch rush. With just the owner handling the floor, I could see where it might get hectic during peak times. She was slow to warm up to us, but once we talked, she made us feel like we were one of the locals in for our daily food fix. I love that.

We will definitely be back.

3 Thank MSAshley6

Waxahachie, Texas
“Delicioso”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Authentic, delicious, fresh Mexican food. She was actually closed, but opened up for us. Awesome food and awesome service. Very enjoyable experience.

• Visited July 2014
Altamont, New York
“Unique and delicious!”
Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

My husband, friend and I were on a cross-country road trip and came upon this little place. As we were staring at the menu in the window, the owner of the restaurant peeked her head out the door and said, "Do you like unique?" As the point of the trip was to learn and experience new things, we were sold! The family owned restaurant was such a treat! The owner and her mother worked the place and they were a couple of the friendliest people we had met on our trip. They can make you anything and customize it to your taste and dietary needs. I had a delicious enchilada. Highly recommend! We didn't know at the time, but as we made our way through the southwest, we would find out that their food trumped even higher-end restaurants on Santa Fe. Thank you for the delicious meal!

Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Go there”
Reviewed April 2, 2014 via mobile

Great place for lunch!! After a morning in Kerrville, we were hungry for Mexican food and this place rocked. We were waited on and served by the owner, which added a nice touch. The Avocado chicken egg rolls with pecan chipotle sauce were excellent! The skillet tacos and mixed plate were outstanding too! Highly recommend.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank txgirl1999
Kerrville, Texas
“Take Out On The First Try”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Due to limited time, we tried the take-out on our first trip to Conchita's On Main. The food was quite good but we want to return soon to try the food as freshly prepared and still hot from the kitchen. I ordered the Chili Rellenos but they are really meant to be eaten hot and fresh...not take home and eaten thirty minutes later.
I give this restaurant a very good rating due to the friendly service, and the fact that they didn't mind us changing our order from eat-in to take-out at the last minute. I want to explore the entire menu and give a second rating soon.

• Visited November 2013