“Okay stay, nice price”
Review of Motel 6 Kerrville

Motel 6 Kerrville
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Kerrville
Reviewed March 3, 2011

I have stayed here before. It is much cleaner and cared for than other motels in this chain I have been to. Fast check in. Room key did not work, had to go to lobby, but they immediately replaced it. Clean room. Small micro and fridge. Towels on thin side, but sheets looked new and pressed. One thing I was glad to see is something like 37 in. flat screen TV. Very well lit parking lot. Could have done without the couple coming two or three doors down who walked down breezeway having loud argument, at 1:30 in the morning, but that is not the motel's fault.
Got AARP rate of $40 plus tax. Will most likely stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank JoeSchlambe

Reviewed August 5, 2010

I would like to tell you about my experience at this Motel 6 in Kerrville, Texas. My husband and I have been staying at Motel 6's for years due to the fact that we have a small dog. We stayed at this Motel 6 in June of 2010 and thought that it was pleasant enough so we booked it again on our return trip in July 2010. The next morning as we are getting ready to leave, I move one of the blankets on the bed and there is a huge Cockroach!!! We took the cockroach down to the front desk, and they said they were sorry and that we had to contact the manager, Bob Patel. Bob was out of town for two weeks, however, we did receive a nice email from him saying he was sorry. No offer to refund our money or anything. So needless to say.... I would not stay here again, and I definitely would not bring any small children here due to all the diseases cockroaches have.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sherry66099
Reviewed April 5, 2010

Stayed one night recently, room clean, hot water, refrig & microwave in room, king size bed comfortable.

• Stayed: April 2010
Reviewed March 23, 2010

I had a two-night stay. The second day the electric went out in half of the room, which included the bathroom, bathroom vanity, microwave, and refrigerator. I reported this to the front desk at about 4:00p and was told it would be taken care of by the manager. After calls once an hour the first three hours I was told the manager was out of town (San Antonio) but was on his way. After six hours, at 10:00p, I pack my things and emptied the refrigerator and was moved to another room. The manager never showed up nor contacted me.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank SouthAustin7
Reviewed March 2, 2010

Stayed one night. Check in fast. Room looked freshly painted, clean. Bathroom clean. New brightly colored bedspreads. Not fancy, but clean and comfortable. I will stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed February 4, 2010

This was nothing fancy. There was a problem with the key card but it was promptly fixed. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed March 8, 2009

My husband and I chose Motel 6 as a place to stay for 4 days, while meeting friends who were also staying in their travel trailer in the area. Since we did not plan on spending time in our room, other than for sleeping, we made our choice by reading previous reviews and based upon cost. The rooms are quite clean and the service is good.

For the money, it's a pleasant place to stay. This is a very basic motel. Any needs you have you must supply for yourselves. There is a microwave and a small refrigerator in the room but no coffee maker. The motel provides free coffee in the office for several hours in the morning, if you don't mind walking across the parking lot to get it. The TV channels are adequate and there is free highspeed internet access. Our room had a king bed and, other than 2 straight chairs at the counter, there isn't any other place to sit. If you would rather spend your money on your activities than on a motel that provides you with small bottles of shampoo and lotion, you should be satisfied here.

The motel is set back from the highway and is very quiet. It's in a convenient location, quite close to I-10 and very easy to find. There is a small restaurant right next door, where my husband ate his breakfast each morning. A 10 minute walk or a 2 minute drive will have you at an I-Hop, if that is more to your liking. There is a public golf course within a 5 minute drive, where my husband and a friend played and enjoyed the course. We drove from there to visit the LBJ Ranch and Summer Whitehouse, a pleasant drive of an hour or less, through Fredricksburg, TX, a very neat and interesting town with many shops and good places to eat.

We wouldn't hesitate to recommend this motel to others who are primarily looking for a clean, quiet, convenient place to sleep and would stay there again, if the occasion ever arises.

P.S. We saw but did not use a laundry room where that chore could be done, if necessary.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple