“$10 for a beer”

Ranked #10 of 121 Restaurants in Kerrville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: "..a gem of a restaurant off the city’s main street. It has a wine store, a large bar with about 20 (craft)beers on tap, and a restaurant, where you can eat(locally sourced) antelope sliders or quail tacos.” –Texas Monthly
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Restaurant is small so make sure you have reservations in advance. Food was decent but not over the top. I felt they were trying to hard to make it perfect. Ordered a beer and it was $10! They should put their prices on the menu so people don't get caught of guard!

1  Thank Cindyny01

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Grape Juice is another regular for my wife and I, as well as friends. It's the type of place you'd find in Napa Valley but with a Texas flair. There is a full bar, or you can sit at a table inside, a semi-private tasting room area, or out back on their deck. They have heaters in the winter to keep you comfortable.

Parking is the biggest challenge, unless you don't mind parking across the street in the concrete parking deck, which isn't a huge deal.

The wine list is quite exhaustive, and they offer a number of wines for sale by the bottle as well. I recommend trying the buffalo nachos, which are, as you would expect, buffalo meat. I think they still have the wild boar nachos too.

All in all, great place that's not starchy where you can let your hair down.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

OK, I have raised my rating to 5 stars because GJ just keeps getting better. Have never had a bad meal, beer, or wine here. Well, once the owner brought me something to taste and didn't say what is was. I couldn't figure out what it was by taste or texture, but I did not care for it. Turned out to be boiled lamb tongue. Other than that, the food has continued to improve. The soups are always first class as are the crawfish tacos. Unfortunately, I'll be away for awhile because I am headed to re-hab for my addiction to crackaroni. You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

So glad that Francisco's was crowded with no parking. This place is wonderful!!! Not stuffy and comfortable.

I can't believe the menu stacked with quail, Akaushi beef, emu, antelope, etc. Daily offering included crawfish soup and crawfish tacos!! The wine and beer lists are great too. I had the GSP Salad with antelope sliders and took some home. They even made fresh blue cheese dressing for me.

Heard nothing but good remarks from tables around me. My server, Mattlew, was very pleasant and helpful.

This is a quiet café with a lovely patio overlooking the river. I WILL BE BACK and have told everyone about this place.

1  Thank Dd S
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Prior to my second trip to the Hill Country of Texas, I was researching restaurants in Kerrville. Grape Juice received several positive reviews. I was amazed by the interior, it is very eclectic for a rural Texas town.I ate dinner on the patio. The menu is not extensive, but all offerings are very tempting. The wine and beer lists are not huge but are well rounded. I ate the antelope sliders and they were delectable. There was no room for dessert! I will certainly dine at Grape Juice in the future.