“Best green chile salsa ...”
Review of Rio Ranch Cafe

Rio Ranch Cafe
Ranked #4 of 119 Restaurants in Kerrville
Cuisines: American
Kerrville, Texas
“Best green chile salsa ...”
Reviewed December 11, 2013 via mobile

... east of El Paso! The breakfast burritos are excellent, and the chicken-fried steak benefits greatly from their marinade. We've been there several times, and the service has always been friendly and attentive. Prices are reasonable, and portions are large.

1 Thank David G

Kerrville
“Worst food, bad service”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

I ordered the chef salad. It had very little lettuce...no cheese whatsoever on it...the waiter never came back to see how it was. I told them when I paid....they said "oh sorry". Needless to say...I left $7.95 plus tax poorer and starving...Not even a cracker with it...or offer or more water.....etc. etc.

• Visited November 2013
4 Thank R L
Texas
“Good food and reasonable prices!”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

My husband, daughter and I enjoyed dinner here. This is a very casual restaurant with lots of choices on the menu. Breakfast is served all day. I had an egg, hashbrowns and toast for less than $4. I didn't realize they slathered melted butter on the toast; next time, I'll ask for dry toast. My husband and daughter had large salads and enjoyed them. Service was good and prices are reasonable. This place seems to be popular with the locals. We'll be back next time we're in Kerrville!

1 Thank TravelIntl
Brady, TX, USA
“First rate Texican!”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Rio Ranch Café is tucked at the front of a little strip center in Ingram. Don't let its unassuming architecture fool you. This is a great little find and a favorite of the locals. The atmosphere is pleasant, and the food is great. I tried the Brisket Tamales - a unique concoction of tender brisket and corn masa put together deliciously. It was served with creamy coleslaw and some of the best pinto beans I've ever had (seasoned with Jalapeno German sausage and cilantro done right!). My husband opted for an excellent hamburger, and we were both eyeing the huge chicken fried steak and yeast rolls that arrived on a neighboring table. The service was good. We finished off our experience by sharing a piece of buttermilk chocolate pecan pie, and the dessert choices are calling for a return trip as well. Breakfast are reported to be phenomenal. They are open every day but Sunday. We are looking forward to a return visit when next in Kerrville/Ingram!

“Great”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Great menu. We have had something from every part of it and have always been happy. It's a good value too you won't spend all you money. Truly one of the best places to eat in the hill country.