“Best home cookin' in Kerrville”
Review of Rio Ranch Cafe

Rio Ranch Cafe
Ranked #9 of 127 Restaurants in Kerrville
Cuisines: American
Reviewed March 24, 2012

Love the atmosphere, service and food. Have had many different items from breakfast, lunch, and dinner menus! Have not had a bad meal yet. Great place to meet after church or meetings. You can actually hear conversations with any size group.

2  Thank Becky F

Reviewed October 13, 2011

Good food, good value, good service. We've tried several things on the menu and so far everything has been very good. "Home cooked" comfort food for the most part. The portions are quite generous. It's crowded at lunchtime, so plan accordingly. I don't care about atmosphere -- the food and service are excellent.

1  Thank Charleytoo
Reviewed October 7, 2011

My husband had chicken fried steak & said it was the best he has ever had. I had fajhita nachos and they were true TexMex. Good food and good service.

Reviewed September 15, 2011

Rio Ranch is one of my favorite places to eat in Kerrville. Every time I've gone, I've tried something different, and every time it's consistently good. The only reason I don't rate it as "excellent" is that the restaurant itself doesn't have much in the way of atmosphere, but the food more than makes up for this.

Last time I went, I had their upscaled version of that old Texas standard, the chicken-fried steak. Rio Ranch offers a chicken-fried RIBEYE, and boy, was it good! If you aren't really hungry the half order is more than enough (all portions here are generous, to put it mildly.) The sides I chose, mashed potatoes and green beans, were both like eating my dear old granny's cooking...in a word, delicious. These folks know how to do gravy!

If you're in the mood for lighter fare, the chicken salad, either in a sandwich or as a salad, is excellent. The club sandwiches are thick and huge. My picky grandchildren like everything on the kid's menu.

The restaurant is really popular with the locals, so if you can dine either early or late, it might be a good idea. But whenever you go, you can't go wrong choosing Rio Ranch!

2  Thank RedPondRanch