“Great Smoked Flavor”

Newton
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Smoked Flavor”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Very good ribs and brisket. Large portions. Clean and fast service. Helpful staff. Prices are very reasonable.

Visited March 2013
Brenda H, Owner at Buzzie's Bar-B-Que, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you, ECDCNewton for taking the time to write a GREAT review! I saw on the News, the other night where (specifically) TripAdvisor was filtering out good reviews and only printing bad ones. A gentleman from San Antonio called in "The Defenders" to investigate. I don't know how long your review will be posted, but wanted to thank you personally for your kind words about our business! BLESSINGS TO YOU!!

Kerrville, Texas, United States
“Ribs Ribs Ribs”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We stumbled upon this place when we were hungry for ribs and they were great. They melt in your mouth. The portions are large and filling. You won't be disappointed.

• Visited September 2012
Brenda H, Owner at Buzzie's Bar-B-Que, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you, Elizabeth, for taking the time to write a GREAT review! I saw on the News, the other night where (specifically) TripAdvisor was filtering out good reviews and only printing bad ones. A gentleman from San Antonio called in "The Defenders" to investigate. I don't know how long your review will be posted, but wanted to thank you personally for your kind words about our business! BLESSINGS TO YOU!!
Kerrville, Texas, United States
“Great BBQ...Best BBQ in Kerrville!”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I started coming to Buzzie's on a friend's recommendation long before Buzzie was named BBQ pitmaster of Texas on BBQ Pitmasters. The brisket and ribs are awesome. I love the ribs! Ribs, literally melt in your mouth and taste great. The serving portions are very generous. The staff is extremely friendly. My co-workers and I go at least once a week and we've never had a bad experience at Buzzie's. We love It and always make time to go.
If you buy a t-shirt, Buzzie, himself will sign it for you.

• Visited January 2013
Brenda H, Owner at Buzzie's Bar-B-Que, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you, Frank, for taking the time to write a GREAT review! I saw on the News, the other night where (specifically) TripAdvisor was filtering out good reviews and only printing bad ones. A gentleman from San Antonio called in "The Defenders" to investigate. I don't know how long your review will be posted, but wanted to thank you personally for your kind words about our business! BLESSINGS TO YOU!!
Murrieta, California
“Just OK”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

My husband has the brisket and it was VERY dry, portions are small, no atmosphere, if you want to watch a football game you won't be able to see it, the TV is SO small you have to stand in front of it to see anything. I'm not sure they know that TV's have really come down in price and are really cheap these days. A place of this size should have 3 or 4 to bring in the crowds - they will stay, eat and drink ssome more if you give them something to watch! Will not go back unless I see better reviews.

Visited December 2012
Brenda H, Owner at Buzzie's Bar-B-Que, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We have a 55 inch television set that is mounted to the wall in our Banquet room which is typically where football games are watched. The small T.V. is typically kept on the News Station and we only have one T.V. in our main dining room because we are not a sports bar. Unless there is a specific event, people prefer NOT to hear the T.V. as it distracts from conversations they are having at the time.

Our portions are generous and probably what we were best known for, until we won the Texas Championship of the "PitMasters" competition which aired on that 55 inch screen T.V. on December 16th.

When you order Brisket, you have to tell your cutter what you want, i.e. no fat, lean, moist end, extra bark, etc. If by chance, you are not happy with your meal, we will refund it or make it right! Before writing a negative review, did you give us a chance to do that? If so, I'd like of your experience, including a description of who waited on you and what they said if you addressed your complaint to them.

Brenda Hughes
San Antonio, Texas
“Great BBQ!”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Buzzie's catered our son's wedding and the entire set up was outstanding! Great appetizers and excellent brisket. Plenty of food for everyone and some left over to enjoy the next day. If you want to showcaseTexas flair and flavor that will impress out-of-town guests, you can't do better than Buzzie's.

Visited January 2013
Brenda H, Owner at Buzzie's Bar-B-Que, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you, Bob, for taking the time to write a GREAT review! I saw on the News, the other night where (specifically) TripAdvisor was filtering out good reviews and only printing bad ones. A gentleman from San Antonio called in "The Defenders" to investigate. I don't know how long your review will be posted, but wanted to thank you personally for your kind words about our business! BLESSINGS TO YOU!!