“Great staff!”

Good for: Local cuisine
Spring, Texas
“Great staff!”
Reviewed July 7, 2012

The people at this restaurant really make it! From the gentleman who greeted us with a smile to the waitress who was very attentive, this restaurant has a great atmosphere. We had catfish, sirloin steak and chicken. All the food was tasty -- including all the sides. Lots of locals dining here, along with those of us who are visitors. If we were staying longer, we'd go back again.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank TravelLady1979

Temple, Texas
“A little over priced for few choices”
Reviewed June 30, 2012

I walked into this restaurant without knowing anything about it. It specializes in catfish, so the menu doesn't have much in the way of variety. I ordered the baked catfish, green beans, and baked potato. It arrived almost immediately. That combined with the overly-salty seasoning really gave the food a "cafeteria" taste. This restaurant also offers a drive-through service, so I was a little surprised at the pricing, but then again, I don't eat catfish that often, so maybe 10-15 bucks a plate is the going rate for such fare. Not a bad place really, just not what I was expecting.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank finkgarrett
Kerrville, Texas
“Never disappointed here.”
Reviewed June 11, 2012

We frequent this lovely place often. Never had a bad meal in 7 yrs. The wait staff and greeters make you feel like they really are glad to see you when you go. Not everyone likes fried catfish and that's fine, so easier for us to get a table by the windows and watch the river.

Visited June 2012
“Fried goodness”
Reviewed May 25, 2012

I love fried Clams and this is one of the only places to find them! Old Fashioned good service and good people!

Visited May 2012
“Everything was OK until black beetle hit me on head and landed on table after finished eating - Eeeek!”
Reviewed April 3, 2012

Four of us all ordered 4 piece catfish. We finished eating and about to leave when felt something hit top of my head then huge black beetle fell and scampered across table. Didn't scream but scooted back away. My husband knocked it to floor and killed it. We told cashier. She said oh really? Then asked for amount to pay bill. No apology. Need to call exterminator.