“Not Worth the Rating”

Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Kerrville
Sebastian, Florida
“Not Worth the Rating”
Reviewed January 22, 2014

We stay at Comfort Inns quite a bit. I was really disappointed in this property. The halls were dirty. The room was Ok but it was dusty. Neither of the two queen beds were comfortable. Both sunk in towards the center. The TV was flat screen, but it was the smallest we had on our 3 week road trip. This is the 3rd Comfort Inn we've stayed at recently where we found the bedding to be uncomfortable. I think we might skip CI's from now on. This hotel didn't rate the *** rating judging by what we had

Room Tip: Check out the bedding before you check in.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
ComfortInnKerrville, Owner at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
I am sorry you didn't feel like our hotel was worth the rating.

We have 55 rooms, and about half of the rooms have a 39" LCD tv and the other half have the 32" LCD TVs. The 32" TV is the standard size of TV for hotels, but I am certain some hotels have larger televisions.

The bedding is standard Comfort Inn bedding as required by the franchise, I am sorry you didn't find the beds comfortable. We do triple sheet our beds and use pillows required by Choice Hotels.

Sorry you thought the room was just ok, we try harder than just an ok. I don't know why the halls would be dirty? We vacuum the halls every day, but that is not to say something could have happened after the housekeepers vacuumed.

We really do try our best to maintain the hotel, but I am sorry it was not up to your standards.

Thank for telling us your honest opinion and I read all of these and it will help to improve the property.

Thank You.

Steve Sharma

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Forney, Texas, United States
Reviewed December 5, 2013

We stay in a hotel in Kerrville about every 6 months visiting our family there. We chose this hotel mainly for price. We prefer to stay across the street for quality but in comparing the price for three nights, Comfort Inn saved us about $200 (and we had stayed here before and it was acceptable.) We stayed over the Thanksgiving weekend. Wednesday cost $79, Thursday $99, and Friday $109. Total $324. Across the street was over $500. The room was clean. It was nice and dark at night. The bathroom (shower/toilet area) was roomy. It was roomy around the bed area too. Internet is available. There was a generous amount of electrical plugs although one set was too loose to use. One fluorescent bulb made an annoying hum (but there was sufficient other lights). The hall from the bathroom where the sink/mirror is, was a little tight due to the handicapped-sized door that opened outward (when one person is standing at the sink when another exits the bathroom). King bed was comfortable. Pillows okay. A coffee pot is available in the room, but brewed coffee is always in the lobby and it was very good and served with real half and half. The room frig was cold (a good thing.) They have a small continental breakfast which I don't care for at any hotel but the waffles were very good. I saw kids in the heated pool (November) and they were enjoying themselves. The tub was clean but had a few minor scrapes. The curved shower rod was not level but we found it that way in another room in the past. Not being level made it hard to close up the very front. On the third day we let the maids replenish our towels, etc, but they did not leave any extra toilet paper. Oh, the bathroom had a heat lamp which I found very nice to have, and the bathroom actually had an exhaust fan which lately hotels don't seem to have. Overall I was satisfied and would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
ComfortInnKerrville, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your kind responses will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Steve Sharma
Comfort Inn, Kerrville, TX
Northern California
Reviewed September 25, 2013

With limited choices of properties, I checked every motel in town trying to find pet friendly accommodations. I encountered uncooperative, disinterested or even rude front desk personnel. Motels were empty but no one was interested in renting a room! I finally met a friendly, helpful even charming woman at the Comfort Inn who went out of her way to accommodate us. The property is old and could use refurbishing, but it gets high marks for friendly helpful staff. The other motel owners could learn a lot from the Comfort Inn customer service model!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank brooks42
Lake Jackson, Texas, United States
Reviewed August 8, 2013

This hotel was great for a one-night stay. The room was very clean and comfortable for me and my husband. The only "ding" I would give it is the hallways were very warm. We were there in August and were very hot in the hall and elevator getting luggage to our room. Our room, however, was very cool. It was a good stay for the night.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Shari J
Nacogdoches, Texas
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stayed at the Comfort Inn in Kerrville and thoroughly enjoyed it. Ground floor, king bed and large bathroom and very clean. Our room was right around the corner from the ice machine, very quite and we used the side entrance to get to our room. Next year I would stay here again. Just 15 or so miles away Fredericksburg, 38 miles from Bandara and about an hour from San Antonio. The drive through the hill country was very enjoyable.

Room Tip: Our room was quite, overlooked the parking lot and very close to the ice machine. We asked for the...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
San Angelo, Texas
Reviewed July 21, 2013

The ladies at the front desk were very nice but I was disappointed when I got to my room. The lighting was very dark. There were electrical wires sticking out of the wall next to the door. The light went out over the sink area and the hair dryer shorted/burned while I was using it one morning. It was all a bit scary. I will not stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Sharon W
Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

Ok, the good first. Good rates and rooms are a nice size. Our room had a fridge, coffee maker and coffee. Room was comfortable. The indoor pool and Jacuzzi were nice and we enjoyed them much.

Now the bad. The chest of drawers that the tv sat on was coming apart at the bottom, and made the drawers inoperable. This happened on a Friday afternoon. I called the front desk and reported it and the operator asked if this was an urgent matter! I told her I didn't know, it would depend on if it fell apart and collapsed! She then said she would report it when she could. It was never looked at before we left on Sunday. The cleaning crew over the weekend only made the bed and exchanged the towels used. They did not vacuum and did not clean the tub.

The breakfast was ok, but all cooked food is cooked in a microwave. One morning, we got omelets, and the inside of it was cold and unidentifiable. It was really gross.

Overall, I am not sad we stayed there. We were out of the room most of the day and were only there to sleep, swim or shower. For that it was good for the price.

• Stayed July 2013